Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Portuguese builders - any thoughts?

Portuguese builders - any thoughts?

Old Oct 17th 2021, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice
Default Re: Portuguese builders - any thoughts?

Originally Posted by Artfuldodger128
I dropped by Leroy Merlin today and noticed that they offer an installation service.
Has anyone used their installation service at all who can provide feedback on them?
They said they're employees of the company so I presume given this they should be fairly safe to use.
I had a new kitchen installed by them a few years back and got the impression that the guys were sub contractors.
Job was ok although not without snags and mostly fine detail issues
Old Oct 19th 2021, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

So, Liveboard - the inevitable question - if in the Algarve, would you mind sharing your Builders contact with me?!
Old Oct 20th 2021, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I actually lost it as the only English speaking guy died on me; I can get the phone number of the Portuguese partner if you want, but they only work in the Aljezur area.
And he only speaks Portuguese, although maybe he has an English speaker to help out by now.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I actually lost it as the only English speaking guy died on me; I can get the phone number of the Portuguese partner if you want, but they only work in the Aljezur area.
And he only speaks Portuguese, although maybe he has an English speaker to help out by now.
What a shame. Such bad luck for you, given that good people are hard to find. Its very kind of you to offer, but no, rather too far from us I fear. It is indeed a never ending search - but at least its not urgent in our case!
Old Oct 20th 2021, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Worse luck for him...
If he'd gone to a real doctor and had an MRI instead of a chiropractor, he might still be alive today.

He was a cantankerous character, a friend to me and many, and is sorely missed.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

What a shame. That sounds terrible and could be a lesson to us all. Sounds as though is much missed on both the friendship and the building front - Reliable builders with English are not easy to find. Actually, in fact scrap that last bit and just say 'reliable builders!'