Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The Portugal Saloon

The Portugal Saloon

Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:07 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Portugal Saloon

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
Interesting theory Carv

Although if you read it again, you'll notice you too are using the us and him tactic. Whilst we all loved Punch n Judy as kids.... you two arguing is not as much fun, unless the Mods are willing to be the Crocodile.

Your x button being broken might be a sign from God to not mention Brexit perhaps 'cut n pasting' an "x" might be a solution to your speech impediment [to cut use the CTRL button plus the x key then to paste use CTRL + V..... that should solve the issue.....]

It seems we're all in agreement that a "smoking room" is a good idea. Once we've agreed the name, we can spend the next 6 months deciding on the colour of the curtains.
Blue with 27 yellow stars and a hole where the 28th used to be.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know the reason for the number of stars on the federal state of Europe's flag?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting theory Carv

Although if you read it again, you'll notice you too are using the us and him tactic. Whilst we all loved Punch n Judy as kids.... you two arguing is not as much fun, unless the Mods are willing to be the Crocodile.

Your x button being broken might be a sign from God to not mention Brexit perhaps 'cut n pasting' an "x" might be a solution to your speech impediment [to cut use the CTRL button plus the x key then to paste use CTRL + V..... that should solve the issue.....]

It seems we're all in agreement that a "smoking room" is a good idea. Once we've agreed the name, we can spend the next 6 months deciding on the colour of the curtains.
you believe in Bre@it and God - oh dear
still thankfully we dont do religion much on this forum
Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
you believe in Bre@it and God - oh dear
still thankfully we dont do religion much on this forum
If it wasn't for God, we wouldn't have Jesus, without Jesus we'd have no Easter, without Easter we'd have no chocolate eggs. I believe in Chocolate eggs.

Regards Brexit..... I think in two years time Bobby Ewing will step out the shower and all will have been a dream
Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:44 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know the reason for the number of stars on the federal state of Europe's flag?
What federal state, is it a member of NATO or the UN ?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

If it wasn't for God, we wouldn't have Jesus, without Jesus we'd have no Easter, without Easter we'd have no chocolate eggs. I believe in Chocolate eggs.

Regards Brexit..... I think in two years time Bobby Ewing will step out the shower and all will have been a dream
theres a man called Jesus in the village - i'll ask him what he thinks about chocolate eggs
personally i like the super cheap Aldi ones 2 - 3 euros here and an absolute bargain
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

... perhaps 'cut n pasting' an "x" might be a solution to your speech impediment [to cut use the CTRL button plus the x key then to paste use CTRL + V..... that should solve the issue.....] ...
How do you expect carvoeiro to use the Ctrl-X keyboard shortcut if the X key is broken?

A more appropriate suggestion is copy & paste (Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V).
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

the answer is nobody knows - but i suppose they will take away one of the stars and replace it with single finger waving at Europe from a small and pointless little island

it was a random geometrical design that someone thought fulfilled the requirement - it was originally used by the council of Europe as a way of symbolising Europe as a complete entity rather than its integral parts - and later by the EU - again to represent unity

The European flag symbolises both the European Union and, more broadly, the identity and unity of Europe.

It features a circle of 12 gold stars on a blue background. They stand for the ideals of unity, solidarity and harmony among the peoples of Europe.

The number of stars has nothing to do with the number of member countries, though the circle is a symbol of unity.

History of the European flag
The history of the flag goes back to 1955. The Council of Europe - which defends human rights and promotes European culture – chose the present design for its own use. In the years that followed, it encouraged the emerging European institutions to adopt the same flag.

In 1983, the European Parliament decided that the Communities’ flag should be that used by the Council of Europe. In 1985, it was adopted by all EU leaders as the official emblem of the European Communities, later to become the European Union. In addition, all European institutions now have their own emblems.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
How do you expect carvoeiro to use the Ctrl-X keyboard shortcut if the X key is broken?

A more appropriate suggestion is copy & paste (Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V).
i do actually do that as and when necessary for real information - but i became so fed up typing the word bresit that i just randomly choose another character as and when
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
What federal state, is it a member of NATO or the UN ?
another bresit bit of nonsense
the only federal state in Europe is Germany - it became so when it started to unify its component states into a federation - Prussia Saxony Baveria etc
i think i read somewhere that is was mainly due to the structure of Germany as a Federal Republic that is was possible to easily reintegrate East and West when the Berlin wall came down

i lived there - in two different states and can testify they very much keep their own independance and culture whilst at the same time are very proud to be German

A federal state in reality is a bit like a united kingdom - no bad thing if it stops you going to war with your neighbours

Federation - dictionary definition - a group of states with a central government but independence in internal affairs.
strangely exactly like the EU is organised - but not a single breksit would believe that

Actually i think austria must be a federal state as well - but im not certain

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 25th 2017 at 3:48 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I am very, very disappointed and may be forced to close this thread. If you ask me really nicely I will tell you why I have a problem. Open to bribes for the information.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

do tell pm if you prefer
is it because i use the word brecit bresit breksit - usually enough to close anything
but this is supposed to be a more open topic
i hope its not because its infered Jesus likes chocolate eggs
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see that there is one brave soul willing to ask.

Everyone else seems to have run away and hid.

No, none of the things that you mentioned.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

is it because us trolls get fed up with mf - even here the first thing he tried was to control and trash this topic
second thing was to blame everyone who disagreed
its becoming a very boring repeat
he usually gets peter to complain immediately - hence the moderator - they really should go and get a room
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:11 pm

Deadly silence, strange phenomenon.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.