Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The Portugal Saloon

The Portugal Saloon

Old May 16th 2017, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Portugal Saloon

Originally Posted by macliam
Yes - the Israelis don't like you

Phew, well saved
Old May 16th 2017, 8:26 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

As you'll have seen, the euphoria in Portugal is now being tempered by the worry about where the money to stage the contest in Lisbon will come from.....

Luckily, Ireland once again did a grand job of avoiding that problem......
Old May 16th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Not too difficult.. If it has long trailing bits trying to climb up stuff.. it's a climber.. A rambler is a smaller finer looking sort with not such vigorous thick stems of the climber... The Hybrid tea will just be a sort of bush...

I guess the one I'm trying to clone is one of those high tea bread ones then.
I hope it will still be accessible in September.
Old May 18th 2017, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I guess the one I'm trying to clone is one of those high tea bread ones then.
I hope it will still be accessible in September.
Love your 'Tea Bread' description... Oh nip over and take some cuttings anyway.. Try them all.. hard wood and soft wood... can't hurt to see what happens. Just keep them watered..Good luck
Old May 18th 2017, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Interesting inquest of the Eurovision voting. The UK entry scored 111 points which consisted of 99 points from the juries and only 12 points from the public vote.

Only four countries gave any points - Ireland (4 points), Malta (4 points), Australia (3 points) and of the non-English speaking countries only Spain gave anything (1 point).

The public vote is a popularity contest, draw your own conclusions..........
No surprise there then ,given how bolshy we are being at he moment
Old May 21st 2017, 11:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I should be enjoying my sunny morning.

Instead I've been wading through the last few pages of posts, reports, PMs .
In an effort to return this thread to an enjoyable pleasant read for everyone those last few pages of posts have been moved to a thread of their own.

Roses or the Eurovision song contest anyone?

Last edited by BEVS; May 21st 2017 at 11:43 pm.
Old May 22nd 2017, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

In an effort to return this thread to an enjoyable pleasant read for everyone those last few pages of posts have been moved to a thread of their own.

what a great idea to have an off-topic dumping ground to throw all of the annoying and bad stuff into
well done that lady
Old May 22nd 2017, 8:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
what a great idea to have an off-topic dumping ground to throw all of the annoying and bad stuff into
well done that lady
I think that you have mistaken what BEVS has said. What she has worked hard to achieve is separating out the off topic posts, put them into a thread of their own and then she has closed that thread. There is not actually a dumping ground for the annoying and bad stuff.

BEVS does deserve the thanks though because it is a difficult and painstaking thing to have done.

Rosemary
Old May 22nd 2017, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I think that you have mistaken what BEVS has said. What she has worked hard to achieve is separating out the off topic posts, put them into a thread of their own and then she has closed that thread. There is not actually a dumping ground for the annoying and bad stuff.

BEVS does deserve the thanks though because it is a difficult and painstaking thing to have done.

Rosemary
Bevs does deserve thanks...but I am puzzled by what she thinks is 'off topic' on this thread? I thought it was supposed to be a sort of 'lounge' like the one on the main board.? I'm confused
Old May 22nd 2017, 3:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs does deserve thanks...but I am puzzled by what she thinks is 'off topic' on this thread? I thought it was supposed to be a sort of 'lounge' like the one on the main board.? I'm confused
Reading BEVS post I think that she has had a lot of reports and PM´s about some of the posts in the thread so has I believe tried to cherry pick the less controversial topics and separated them out to make the thread a "pleasant read" as she calls it.

Rosemary
Old May 22nd 2017, 10:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm confused
Join the club

Rosemary has it smack on the nose.

I admit, I paused over the phrase 'off topic' . Perhaps 'clashes with the wallpaper' would have been better . A stand alone set of posts on their own subject moved to another room . I've amended the title.

Last edited by BEVS; May 22nd 2017 at 10:18 pm.
Old May 23rd 2017, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Join the club

Rosemary has it smack on the nose.

I admit, I paused over the phrase 'off topic' . Perhaps 'clashes with the wallpaper' would have been better . A stand alone set of posts on their own subject moved to another room . I've amended the title.
Thanks BEVS... Where is it though? (The roses one I mean)
Old May 23rd 2017, 4:34 pm

Thanks BEVS... Where is it though? (The roses one I mean)
It is still in this Portugal Saloon thread. Just look back through the pages and you will see the posts.

Rosemary
Old May 24th 2017, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rosemary
It is still in this Portugal Saloon thread. Just look back through the pages and you will see the posts.

Rosemary
Okaaayeee.?... Still confused I thought BEVS said she had moved it? Not that it WAS a thread... aaaghhh.. ok I'll shut up now....where's the coffee?
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As Knoxy seems to have gone AWOL I thought I would revive the TPS with a question

Has emailing become a thing of the past ,like writing letters has?

I have noticed that less and less people are sending social emails. Office stuff yes.. but the letters from friends and family are becoming fewer and further between. The friends ask why I am not on FaceBook.. (need they ask)

Well I loath it frankly. lots of self congratulatory nonsense.. look at me pics...Arn't I fabulous holiday snaps.. and no actual interest in people .Technically I am still on the damn thing(joined at the start).because you can't actually ever close it down.despite my best efforts I hate that the US government has access to it..(Zukerman sold them the rights ) I hate that it 'owns' your photos ,and I particularly hate that it has roped in every area of media so that you are being forced to use it.---Otherwise I'm not bothered.lol

So if you are not on FaceBook, you are effectively barred from many avenues of communication. (i.e. I wanted to strongly object to an article in the Huffington post purporting to come from the McCann's nanny! huh? when did they have one.? Her statements were wildly untrue .No no.. can't do that unless through FB

I don't do twitter either ,or any other moronic form of contact...

Telephone then? I have rather got out of the habit,but may be forced to go back to it... sighs heavily....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.