Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Portal & Fiscal Rep.

Portal & Fiscal Rep.

Old Apr 26th 2021, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Portal & Fiscal Rep.

Quite a few people on here have stated one can go on the Portal Das Finances and nominate a Fiscal Rep.

Does anybody have any real world experience of actually doing it as I am struggling to see any such heading / sub heading / FAQ.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Portal & Fiscal Rep.

I only do it using Chrome with auto translate, but easy on non translating browser.
1) Open the portal with your NIF and password.
2) Go to Pagamentos
3) Open ALL Services in the Menu on the left
4) In My area go to Payments
50 The first option is Ongoing Payments, click that
You should then see your IMI demand
Hope that helps
Old Apr 26th 2021, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
I only do it using Chrome with auto translate, but easy on non translating browser.
1) Open the portal with your NIF and password.
2) Go to Pagamentos
3) Open ALL Services in the Menu on the left
4) In My area go to Payments
50 The first option is Ongoing Payments, click that
You should then see your IMI demand
Hope that helps
I can find my IMI bill, that is not what I am after.

I am after a way to appoint a Fiscal Representative via the site.

I am beginning to think that it is hearsay / presumption that it can be done on the AT site.

To be honest losing the will to live with it all, the sooner we can get over there to put it on the market the better.

Last edited by chislenko; Apr 26th 2021 at 4:45 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

search on my posts and you will find the answer. I did it and it was easy. My posts set out how to do it.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko
I can find my IMI bill, that is not what I am after.

I am after a way to appoint a Fiscal Representative via the site.

I am beginning to think that it is hearsay / presumption that it can be done on the AT site.

To be honest losing the will to live with it all, the sooner we can get over there to put it on the market the better.
Easy route to find it :

1. Open Financas web : https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/at/html/index.html
2. In search box at the top type in : Nombrar representante fiscal - click search
3. Opens new page with "Representante" at the top of the list - click on "Aceder"
4. This should take you to your home page - log-in with NIF and password
5. This should bring up " Contactos"
6. On menu at top left about third point down is "Entregar Nomeaçao"

Hope it helps
Old Apr 26th 2021, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fergus
search on my posts and you will find the answer. I did it and it was easy. My posts set out how to do it.
That is excellent Fergus, will give it a go.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't you just put it on the market without being in Portugal ? I would have thought it would be fairly straightforward to communicate with an estate agent from wherever you live.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Easy route to find it :

1. Open Financas web : https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/at/html/index.html
2. In search box at the top type in : Nombrar representante fiscal - click search
3. Opens new page with "Representante" at the top of the list - click on "Aceder"
4. This should take you to your home page - log-in with NIF and password
5. This should bring up " Contactos"
6. On menu at top left about third point down is "Entregar Nomeaçao"

Hope it helps
Thanks loafing, any help gratefully received.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robbie20
Couldn't you just put it on the market without being in Portugal ? I would have thought it would be fairly straightforward to communicate with an estate agent from wherever you live.
We could Robbie but just our luck we would get a quick sale and all our stuff is still there and if restrictions weren't lifted we couldn't get there to rescue our possessions. Our thoughts were as soon as travel is allowed come over by car, clear the place and put on market at same time.

Old Apr 27th 2021, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Hope everything works out for you. Had you been thinking of selling for some time and this has just encouraged you to get on with it ? I keep thinking about selling our house in Tavira, but cannot make my mind up. This pandemic has not helped any of us with property overseas, has it ?
Old Apr 27th 2021, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robbie20
Hope everything works out for you. Had you been thinking of selling for some time and this has just encouraged you to get on with it ? I keep thinking about selling our house in Tavira, but cannot make my mind up. This pandemic has not helped any of us with property overseas, has it ?
We had always planned to sell when we reached a certain age, we will just be bringing it forward a couple of years. We've had nearly 20 good years but with Brexit and a few other things for us the Portuguese dream is now as good as over.
Really don't need or want all the hassle now, just want an easy life, not forgetting 150K will come in very handy!!
Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:14 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I have just attempted to do this on the Finanças website ( following detailed instrs above ) but I don't think it's as easy as just telling them who you want to be your Representante.

There appears to be a requirement for submitting a Documento de Procuração . ( Which maybe has to be filled in before a Notary or whatever ).

You also need to know the Representante's NIF. Plus in my case ( using 'BRAVE' web browser maybe that's an issue ? ) the box for my email does not permit me to click on it to fill that bit in. That alone I would think would stymie things.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

I just got the Portuguese woman friend to do it all for me. She obviously speaks and reads fluent Portuguese and said it was not simple.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chislenko
We had always planned to sell when we reached a certain age, we will just be bringing it forward a couple of years. We've had nearly 20 good years but with Brexit and a few other things for us the Portuguese dream is now as good as over.
Really don't need or want all the hassle now, just want an easy life, not forgetting 150K will come in very handy!!
Just picking your brains, do you know what the rate of capital gains is for non Portuguese people when selling a property in Portugal. Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2021, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Non Residents pay 28% tax on property capital gain .
Capital gains tax (Imposto sobre Mais-Valias) applies when selling any Portuguese property bought after 1988. To calculate the taxable gain, you take the selling price, minus the acquisition costs, any costs incurred during the transfer of ownership, and also any property improvement costs that have incurred within twelve years of the sale.
Of course its also subject to capital gain tax in the UK after conversion to sterling and any tax paid in Portugal

Last edited by wellinever; Apr 27th 2021 at 9:15 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.