Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AT / Portal Financia

AT / Portal Financia

Old Apr 20th 2021, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute
Default AT / Portal Financia

Does anyone have a link to where I go to sign up for this?

Is it all one site or do I have to join two?

Is it straightforward or are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Can I see my IMI bill when I get there with a payment reference incase paper copies don't make it to UK?

Sorry if this is a basic question but as each year passes I appear to become less and less confident on computers.

I think I have found a place to register but the first question it asks is for VAT number which I don't have

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by chislenko; Apr 20th 2021 at 8:05 am.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AT / Portal Financia

Originally Posted by chislenko
Does anyone have a link to where I go to sign up for this?

Is it all one site or do I have to join two?

Is it straightforward or are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Can I see my IMI bill when I get there with a payment reference incase paper copies don't make it to UK?

Sorry if this is a basic question but as each year passes I appear to become less and less confident on computers.

I think I have found a place to register but the first question it asks is for VAT number which I don't have

Thanks in advance.
https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/at/html/index.html

Top right : registar-se click and enter :
https://www.acesso.gov.pt/unauthed/n...eral/dashboard

You need your Tax Number ( NÂș Contribuinte ) and a Portuguese address and a Portuguese Mobile number
Only need to be in this one site

Old Apr 20th 2021, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Chislenko and Loafing-
it used to be that they sent out a log-in code in a letter to your postal address and then to conclude the registration you have to put that code in via the website. Perhaps with Covid this has changed so that you can do it all on line? Anyone done it recently? Chislenko if you are stuck in the UK this may be a problem - are you resident PT or UK and do they have your PT address or the UK address?
Old Apr 20th 2021, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Chislenko and Loafing-
it used to be that they sent out a log-in code in a letter to your postal address and then to conclude the registration you have to put that code in via the website. Perhaps with Covid this has changed so that you can do it all on line? Anyone done it recently? Chislenko if you are stuck in the UK this may be a problem - are you resident PT or UK and do they have your PT address or the UK address?
Rambling: I am currently in UK (Tax Resident UK) but have owned in Portugal best part of 20 years.

It does say they will send the code by post to Tax address, this I presume to be Portuguese address as this is the only tax I have (IMI).

My neighbour takes in our mail so could scan and send on to us.

I don't have a Portuguese mobile only a UK one, do you think they would accept that.

Just to confuse matters our IMI bills are currently sent to UK address.

Thanks to both for replies and help so far.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Rambling: I am currently in UK (Tax Resident UK) but have owned in Portugal best part of 20 years.

It does say they will send the code by post to Tax address, this I presume to be Portuguese address as this is the only tax I have (IMI).

My neighbour takes in our mail so could scan and send on to us.

I don't have a Portuguese mobile only a UK one, do you think they would accept that.

Just to confuse matters our IMI bills are currently sent to UK address.

Thanks to both for replies and help so far.
As a UK resident I believe you are now required ( post-Brexit ! ) to appoint a fiscal representative in Portugal worth you googling that for further information.
Doubt very much they would accept a UK mobile
Old Apr 20th 2021, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
As a UK resident I believe you are now required ( post-Brexit ! ) to appoint a fiscal representative in Portugal worth you googling that for further information.
Doubt very much they would accept a UK mobile
The fiscal rep is one of the reasons for joining as I understand you can nominate your rep on the site.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Portuguese woman who is going to be our fiscal representative now it is required, dealt with all the information required for us. I think even for a Portuguese person it was quite involved and needed a lot of information from us here in England. This woman is our Portuguese neighbour and has always helped us with many things.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

You are able to use the portasdasfinancas to nominate your rep, once you have registered. If you need to use a Portuguese mobile number to register ask your neighbour if you can input his number.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

The fiscal rep is one of the reasons for joining as I understand you can nominate your rep on the site.
That looks like a real Catch 22 situation, you need to registered on the site I think to register a representative , only way I can see if you have no Portuguese mobile is to contact their E balcao :
https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt...Ebalcao.action

and start asking the question there , you can't be the only person in the same situation, think you have until 30th June 2021 to sort it
Old Apr 20th 2021, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

It appears we are already registered, I presume we did it at the solicitors office when we purchased. However that was a long time ago. To get a new passcode sent to our address we need to provide an answer to a secret question. Quite incredibly I guessed at the colour (by football team) and it was correct so they are sending me a new code.

However Mrs. C can't recall which question she answered and which answer she would have given (20 years ago!!!)

Is there any way around this, can't see any way to contact them by email.

Any ideas anybody?

EDIT. Panic over it appears we both went for the same colour!!!! They are now sending both pass codes to our Portuguese property.

NB. The Portal Website did indeed accept UK Mobile.

Last edited by chislenko; Apr 20th 2021 at 4:37 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Chislenko - phew .... !
Old Apr 21st 2021, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Chislenko - phew .... !
Phew indeed Rambling... The worrying thing though was I tried about seven different answers before getting the right one and it didn't give me a "Three strikes and your out" like most websites.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

It appears we are already registered, I presume we did it at the solicitors office when we purchased. [...]

They are now sending both pass codes to our Portuguese property. ...
They would normally be sent to your registered fiscal address, which you've previously suggested is in the UK. Might your solicitor have appointed him/herself as your Fiscal Rep but at your Portuguese address?
Old Apr 21st 2021, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

MInefield as I found out to my great cost....always check the address on your portal.....see many previous posts on this subject !!!!
Old Apr 21st 2021, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pleased to say our IMI for this year to be paid in May has already been sent to our Portuguese neighbour who happily let us know she would register to do this for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.