Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AT / Portal Financia

AT / Portal Financia

Old Apr 21st 2021, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AT / Portal Financia

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
They would normally be sent to your registered fiscal address, which you've previously suggested is in the UK. Might your solicitor have appointed him/herself as your Fiscal Rep but at your Portuguese address?
To be fair Richard, I do remember my solicitor saying (way back then) she would pay our IMI (at a cost) so I declined and did it myself as we have since.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
MInefield as I found out to my great cost....always check the address on your portal.....see many previous posts on this subject !!!!
Until my pass code comes to whichever address is on there to gain access obviously I can't do that.

Should have done this years ago to be fair.

To quote Boris today when addressing Keir Starmer...."Captain Hindsight"

Made me chuckle.

Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko
Until my pass code comes to whichever address is on there to gain access obviously I can't do that.

Should have done this years ago to be fair.

To quote Boris today when addressing Keir Starmer...."Captain Hindsight"

Made me chuckle.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update.

Passcodes arrived by mail to UK today.

Pretty swift service!!

Will sit down and have a computer day on Monday and see how we get on.

Old Apr 24th 2021, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an email from a friend who has an apartment in Tavira. His IMI was sent as usual to his home in Scotland. So perhaps it is not going to be necessary after all to have a fiscal representative. Time will tell I suppose.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbie20
I got an email from a friend who has an apartment in Tavira. His IMI was sent as usual to his home in Scotland. So perhaps it is not going to be necessary after all to have a fiscal representative. Time will tell I suppose.
It's a legal requirement for Non-EU Non-Resident property owners
Old Apr 24th 2021, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, which is why we now have the Portuguese person acting as our financial representative. I wonder why the chap who lives in Scotland still got his IMI sent to his Scottish address ?
Old Apr 24th 2021, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robbie20
I know, which is why we now have the Portuguese person acting as our financial representative. I wonder why the chap who lives in Scotland still got his IMI sent to his Scottish address ?

My understanding is that this will be the last time IMI bills are going to be sent to a UK address, if that is the registered address with Financas and no Fiscal Representative (FR) has yet been appointed. This ties in with my understanding that the deadline for appointment of an FR is the end of June.

My problem, like many others I suspect, is being able to get back over before the end of June to organise. My Portuguese friend is willing to do this at a reasonable rate but unfortunately isn't "computer savvy" enough to do online! ...... Don't know what the penalty might be for a late FR appointment given current restrictions and don't particularly want to engage a "lawyer" to do little more than act as an expensive post box!
Old May 6th 2021, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ajmandon
My understanding is that this will be the last time IMI bills are going to be sent to a UK address, if that is the registered address with Financas and no Fiscal Representative (FR) has yet been appointed. This ties in with my understanding that the deadline for appointment of an FR is the end of June.

My problem, like many others I suspect, is being able to get back over before the end of June to organise. My Portuguese friend is willing to do this at a reasonable rate but unfortunately isn't "computer savvy" enough to do online! ...... Don't know what the penalty might be for a late FR appointment given current restrictions and don't particularly want to engage a "lawyer" to do little more than act as an expensive post box!
Sorry for late reply, not sure if still useful.

You can easily apply to appoint your fiscal rep online (link available if required)

Your Portuguese friend will receive a letter asking for confirmation that they are willing to accept.

They can accept this online, or go to the local tax office. I don't know if it can be done over the phone.

Fine if not appointed by end of June is from €75 to €7.500
Old May 6th 2021, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

The deadline for UK residents to appoint a fiscal rep in Portugal has been extended and they now have until 30th June 2022 to do so.

https://portaldascomunidades.mne.gov...6zXOdZUVlwPDOM
Old May 6th 2021, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bomber Harris
The deadline for UK residents to appoint a fiscal rep in Portugal has been extended and they now have until 30th June 2022 to do so.

https://portaldascomunidades.mne.gov..._2021_XXII.pdf
And with correct use of the Electronic Notification System, once it's fully operational (expected next year), may be able to permanently avoid the need for a representative.
Old May 6th 2021, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bomber Harris

https://portaldascomunidades.mne.gov...6zXOdZUVlwPDOM
Common sense prevails in a mad world!

Old May 6th 2021, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Appman, Bomber and Richard......
Since posting I had seen reference to the possibility of postal appointment for Fiscal Reps but was waiting to see what the UK and Pt might do in the next few days, regarding non-essential travel arrangements, before exploring further ....... now we have an update to the Regs. (Thks for the pdf link) which means we have at least another year to appoint an FR (if not done so already) and indeed maybe not necessary at all !!!

I can hear the howls of frustration from many in the non-resident, property owning community from here !!!!!

Old May 6th 2021, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you mean by the possibility of postal appointment for fiscal reps?

Not sure why I (and other non/resident property owners) should howl with frustration?

I thought the 6 month delay for appointing a fiscal rep after leaving the EU was more than sufficient.

I'm not sure why they chose to extend by another 12 months although if you are paying for a fiscal rep it saves you a year's fees.
Old May 6th 2021, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by appman999
What do you mean by the possibility of postal appointment for fiscal reps?

Not sure why I (and other non/resident property owners) should howl with frustration?

I thought the 6 month delay for appointing a fiscal rep after leaving the EU was more than sufficient.

I'm not sure why they chose to extend by another 12 months although if you are paying for a fiscal rep it saves you a year's fees.
Just thinking out loud I come up with two scenarios.

One they are giving an extra year because of travel difficulties for people to get there and sort.

Two, perhaps the Portuguese Powers That Be are mindful a lot of Brits may be mulling over their continued ownership in Portugal (and the money that brings in) and maybe have given themselves the extra year to come up with an alternative.

I would imagine discussions are already underway in countries with areas (Algarve / Costas) where they need the tourist pound, to opt out of the 90 day rule.

Obviously all of the above is just me thinking out loud and none of it has any substance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.