pool maintenance

Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

paulbex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pool maintenance

hi all

Can someone give me a rough idea of weekly / monthly cost pool maintenance for approx 4m x 12 m pool. trying to budget for everthing but forgot this.

Is it still raining !!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:48 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pool maintenance

Originally Posted by paulbex
hi all

Can someone give me a rough idea of weekly / monthly cost pool maintenance for approx 4m x 12 m pool. trying to budget for everthing but forgot this.

Do you mean for someone to maintain it for you?.
Totally depends which area it's in.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

sorry wasnt very clear.

Yes someone to come in and clean and test the water etc .

We we will be on the Algarve

Thanks
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:06 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry wasnt very clear.

Yes someone to come in and clean and test the water etc .

We we will be on the Algarve

Thanks
Anywhere between 80 euros and 120 per month I would say (Including chemicals).You would be best to find a 'local' either xpat or Port,who is a one man band so to speak.Management companies charge a fortune.

The going rate around me is 85 euros,but I'm near Lisbon.It's bound to be more in the Algarve.

I'm sure if you ask around your neighbours etc,there will be many many people to choose from,it's a big work opportunity for Expats,and therefore quite cut throat

Oh,and not raining today,but it's forecast tomorrow
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

thanks Cleri much appreciated .
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

paulmanning is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

My dad has an 8 X 4 pool in Lagos and I am pretty sure he only pays around €10 per week. I will try and find out for definite if you need me to as this price would only be relevant if you are that end of the Algarve
Old Mar 21st 2010, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

peemgee is an unknown quantity at this point

My pool guy (UK Ex Pat) in central Algarve is very good and charges €100.00 per month. Twice weekly in summer and once a week in winter (if it's not raining). Coincidently as I am arriving next month to live he will have one pool less on his books and possibly be able to (if he hasn't already) take another on. If you are interested mail me privately for his details.

M
PS my pool is 12X5
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Albandeira is an unknown quantity at this point

Good night
There is still much doubt about the price of a swimming pool maintenance, so I will try to clarify one way and plain language summary of all this complexity:
Two swimming pools, swimming pool example `A´with the 10x5 and 10x51for another `B´ tamanhol the same but the A has a monthly fee of € 100 and € 60 B is a big difference, because you ask dear guests!?!
1st place depends on the m3 (cubic meter of water in your pool)?
2 How People will use the pool? 4 or 5 different from 30 or 40people.
3 Temperature (heated? Whirlpool? Children pool conection? Cascate? Exposition to the sun? Location? Conditions of filters or engine? Or others?)
4 Depends on companies ... hand job .... just big companies or in specified pools or gardens charge to much, they have to pay employees, petrol, ..just imagine .. So best is having a freelancer own business or condominium .
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:14 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Albandeira
Good night
There is still much doubt about the price of a swimming pool maintenance, so I will try to clarify one way and plain language summary of all this complexity:
Two swimming pools, swimming pool example `A´with the 10x5 and 10x51for another `B´ tamanhol the same but the A has a monthly fee of € 100 and € 60 B is a big difference, because you ask dear guests!?!
1st place depends on the m3 (cubic meter of water in your pool)?
2 How People will use the pool? 4 or 5 different from 30 or 40people.
3 Temperature (heated? Whirlpool? Children pool conection? Cascate? Exposition to the sun? Location? Conditions of filters or engine? Or others?)
4 Depends on companies ... hand job .... just big companies or in specified pools or gardens charge to much, they have to pay employees, petrol, ..just imagine .. So best is having a freelancer own business or condominium .
Well i don´t have much company and i can manage the next one myself, should save a few bob
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gazz
Well i don´t have much company and i can manage the next one myself, should save a few bob
What's a hand job?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

paulmanning is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonny22
What's a hand job?
A hand job is one you could do yourself and doesn't need any machines or anyone else to help.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

That, clear then. My poolman uses a vaccum.