Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Wine Merchant

Ayamonte - Wine Merchant

Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice
Default Ayamonte - Wine Merchant

I think there are quite a few Eastern Algavians or even some Ayamonte residents on this forum. Can anyone give me directions to a good Spanish Wine merchant over the border in Ayamonte/Lepe or thereabouts?

We love Portuguese wine but also really appreciate a robust Rioja or Navarra red. Of course we often shop in the Spanish supermarkets and buy things to try but it would be better to find a proper wine shop that does tasting so that its possible to taste and buy as part of one trip.

What happens normally is that we buy a selection of stuff to try, find one we love and by the time we go back to get some more its all gone
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ayamonte - Wine Merchant

Might be worth posting on the Ayamonte thread, under the Spanish forum. I know a few there who like a tipple or two.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:55 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MrBife
I think there are quite a few Eastern Algavians or even some Ayamonte residents on this forum. Can anyone give me directions to a good Spanish Wine merchant over the border in Ayamonte/Lepe or thereabouts?

We love Portuguese wine but also really appreciate a robust Rioja or Navarra red. Of course we often shop in the Spanish supermarkets and buy things to try but it would be better to find a proper wine shop that does tasting so that its possible to taste and buy as part of one trip.

What happens normally is that we buy a selection of stuff to try, find one we love and by the time we go back to get some more its all gone
No need to go so far.... Down in Vila Real St Antonio nearly opposite opposite the bus station is a wonderful wine merchant.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barbara Red lips
No need to go so far.... Down in Vila Real St Antonio nearly opposite opposite the bus station is a wonderful wine merchant.
Thanks for the info but that would be a first ! A Portuguese based wine merchant that sells only Spanish wine? Are you sure about that ?

It's only 300m from there to Ayamonte town (across the river) wouldn't it be worth the extra couple of minutes journey especially as I can fill up with cheap fuel too ?