Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

please dont make the mistake i made

please dont make the mistake i made

Old Nov 26th 2023, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default please dont make the mistake i made

check that the plate number on your car is the same as on the Carte Verde,i didnt and was stopped by GNR and fined 500 euros and the car towed to police compound,the insurance broker had letter wrong A should have been a O.
Old Nov 26th 2023, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please dont make the mistake i made

Blimey, so sorry to see this, horrendous for you.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

They really threw the book at you for that typo!
Thanks for the warning, I'm going to review all my car papers.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that. What is a Carte Verde?
Old Nov 27th 2023, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
Sorry to hear that. What is a Carte Verde?
its the insurace paper you have to have in the vehicle ,it used to have a green st6icker for windscreen that you no longer have to show in windscreen
Old Nov 27th 2023, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
Blimey, so sorry to see this, horrendous for you.
yes it was a Bummer as i was taking a portuguese neighbour to Porto Airport to collect his 82 year old mother,i didnt stop at first as he came up behind me lights flashing thought he just wanted me to move over and let him pass,but he didnt so i soon knew so stopped.it got worse it was on the 8th nov so it was still raining as we know ,so stood on pavement getting soaked most scary bit was i was told i had 3 days to provide valid insurance to recovercar or it will be scapped.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by santaanita
yes it was a Bummer as i was taking a portuguese neighbour to Porto Airport to collect his 82 year old mother,i didnt stop at first as he came up behind me lights flashing thought he just wanted me to move over and let him pass,but he didnt so i soon knew so stopped.it got worse it was on the 8th nov so it was still raining as we know ,so stood on pavement getting soaked most scary bit was i was told i had 3 days to provide valid insurance to recovercar or it will be scapped.
That is harsh! Did they have your insurance details on computer and it didnt match up with the license plate?
Old Nov 27th 2023, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

That is harsh! Did they have your insurance details on computer and it didnt match up with the license plate?
they have ANPR in the new cars they drive so my number plate came up as no insurance.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

they have ANPR in the new cars they drive so my number plate came up as no insurance.
You were unlucky with the whole thing. Thanks for relating your experience, I have definitely checked mine now.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

You were unlucky with the whole thing. Thanks for relating your experience, I have definitely checked mine now.
i am talking to the insurer but its like talking to a brick wall,they have said they want the original copy of the fine which i am reluctant to give them i sent a copy but say its not clear enough to read,i sent them a copy of the receipt of payment as i had 15 days to pay the 500 euros.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

i am talking to the insurer but its like talking to a brick wall,they have said they want the original copy of the fine which i am reluctant to give them i sent a copy but say its not clear enough to read,i sent them a copy of the receipt of payment as i had 15 days to pay the 500 euros.
Keep trying, I just can't believe the police fined for an obvious typing error.

Last edited by bons; Nov 27th 2023 at 5:28 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

the anoying thing i cant talk direct with Tranquilidade i have to go tru the agent who has seen the original fine from the GNR and then sent the copy which tranquilidade wont except.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keep trying, I just can't believe the police fined for an obviouls typing error.
i see what your saying but as the policeman said this viehicle has no insurnace,i have paid 1 years insurance on another car.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

i see what your saying but as the policeman said this viehicle has no insurnace,i have paid 1 years insurance on another car.
I suppose so. A lesson to us all to check documents.
Old Nov 28th 2023, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

bicabica has a spectacular aura aboutbicabica has a spectacular aura aboutbicabica has a spectacular aura about

I had a similar experience last year with my insurance company putting the wrong registration number on the documents for a new car. Fortunately I noticed it a few days later but when I informed the insurance agent by email I got an "out of office" reply covering the Christmas period so I was driving around illegally for a few days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.