Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Planning Permission/PIP

Planning Permission/PIP

Old Nov 18th 2022, 10:59 am
Just Joined

si_darc10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning Permission/PIP

Hi everyone, quick question on planning if anyone has any experience or knowledge on the subject.

I understand if you submit a full planning application you are subject to the current rules of the PDM/Fire Risks etc. at that point in time.

Does anyone know if that is the same case for a PIP?
(Pre Planning Application/Pedido de Informação Prévia)

I also read somewhere upon submission the agencies have 5 days to report back to the câmara about the land (PDM, Fire zones etc.)

Is there anything official about that anywhere? Can't find the original source now where I first came across it.

Thank you!
Old Nov 18th 2022, 5:33 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning Permission/PIP

5 days?!

Think of 3 numbers, multiply the first two together then raise to the power of the third number. That's about how long planning applications take.

Friend of mine got a result last year to build some apartments in Olhos D'Agua... A little over 9 years that took.
Old Nov 18th 2022, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear, just when I was thinking of buying a ruin.
Old Nov 19th 2022, 10:18 am
Just Joined

si_darc10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Score76
5 days?!

Think of 3 numbers, multiply the first two together then raise to the power of the third number. That's about how long planning applications take.

Friend of mine got a result last year to build some apartments in Olhos D'Agua... A little over 9 years that took.
Ha yes well not the full planning permission in 5 days obviously.

I believe it was when you submit to the camara that's the 'official' date to set the rules in place and they have 5 days to send to the agencies so the rules on the agency side are set in 5 days after the first submission. Then it could take months or years to complete...but at least you have that initial date set in so if the PDM changes months down the line your application is the date of the initial application.
​​​​​​​
Old Nov 19th 2022, 10:51 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

You're still working on the assumption that the Portuguese adhere to their own rules. In my experience they choose which rules they adhere to.

Good examples are whether to turn up on time, whether to indicate at traffic islands, whether to insure a car, whether to pay tax on all your earnings rather than just what was received into a bank account, and whether to have something done/ready by an agreed date. It's best to just go with the flow... and set a good example by indicating at traffic islands even when you're in the minority.
Old Nov 19th 2022, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the timetable rules changed during covid and sadly a lot of the architects/engineers aren't aware of it (I'm being generous).

P. S.
3yrs 7months and waiting for my permission for internal reworking planning project
Old Nov 19th 2022, 1:18 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
You're still working on the assumption that the Portuguese adhere to their own rules. In my experience they choose which rules they adhere to.
Calumny! They abide by the rules...... just not the rules you know about!
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
Oh dear, just when I was thinking of buying a ruin.
Don't do it!