Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Planning permission

Planning permission

Old May 17th 2013, 11:00 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planning permission

Originally Posted by Robbersdog
Excellent! Thanks again for the advice! Im going to make an offer with a clause in the promissory contract, which will be held by my solicitor and will be refunded if the planning is not granted. Fingers crossed! Oh, and can I get the name of the builder merchants you use Cleri? Cheers, Kris
This was one of them
http://www.lealmat.com/pag_ing/index_i.php
Old May 17th 2013, 11:39 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

What does the Caderneta Predial state,do the existing structures have habitation lisences.
Your lawyer can find this out in just a few hours do not even consider any payment until you have checked this out.
Do not rely on money being " held " the sellers agent probably has agreement to take part as commission for the sale plus the legal costs etc etc.
Old May 29th 2013, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Robbersdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EMR
What does the Caderneta Predial state,do the existing structures have habitation lisences.
Your lawyer can find this out in just a few hours do not even consider any payment until you have checked this out.
Do not rely on money being " held " the sellers agent probably has agreement to take part as commission for the sale plus the legal costs etc etc.
Thanks, I've had a solicitor get verbal confirmation that we can get planning on the land, she is waiting for written confirmation from the camera, we are getting a clause put into the promissory contract to account for planning, do you think that will be ok?
Old May 29th 2013, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Robbersdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleri
Nice one, thanks, I'm popping over next week, will have a look around Coimbra for some building merchants
Old May 29th 2013, 6:09 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I still would not go ahead, It could take you anything like 12-24 months to get project approval. Do you want to wait that long.