Pay IMI

Old Sep 30th 2021, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pay IMI

Second instalment of IMI due for payment by end Nov 2021.
Can I pay that early, as in now, so I dont forget it, as might not be back in PT to get post.
I have found the reference on Tax Portal but still says Pending Issue`
Old Sep 30th 2021, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pay IMI

Yes
Old Sep 30th 2021, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

OK......At same time I did have an issue back in Feb when I went to request a change to Tax residence, to Portugal.
AT that time they would only back date the start of the residency to December 2020, when I became resident of PT, and told me that then I would have to pay tax on all income from 2020.
So I did nothing to change my Fiscal address and paid the first IMI on the new house I had built ( HL in November 2020), when due.
In July I made contact with an accountant who siad he would get my fiscal residency changed to PT.
After talks with AT they allowed me to start Fiscal residency on 1st July 2021.
So I asked if they would give me an exemption of the IMI as a new resident of PT, and my house conforms to description to be tax exempt (under €120K Valor).
AT refused to give me this as they said that I had paid the fist instalment as a non resident.
SO I am wondering about now simply requesting exemption of the second part and then for following years.?
Any suggestion (of course I could ask the same ac to look at it, but in all honesty he will charge more than the saving of IMI
Old Sep 30th 2021, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the house you've sold? If so, will there be any other IMI demands that are your responsibility?
Old Oct 1st 2021, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

To the extent that the sale will not be complete until January (I hope), then up until then I guess.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice

IMI is retrospective so whoever,s name the property is, in on 31st Dec of relevant year, is responsible for the tax.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

And that would be me.....thats why I think I should now ask for an exemption, unless the AT has another reason for not giving it to me.....as in, well you should have applied when you paid the first IMI on the house
Old Oct 1st 2021, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
And that would be me.....thats why I think I should now ask for an exemption, unless the AT has another reason for not giving it to me.....as in, well you should have applied when you paid the first IMI on the house
I believe the application for IMI exemption must be made within 8 months of acquiring the property (or completion of the build).
Old Oct 1st 2021, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bomber Harris
I believe the application for IMI exemption must be made within 8 months of acquiring the property (or completion of the build).
Now there's a surprise!!!!