Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

p.s to the ongoing problems with GLS

p.s to the ongoing problems with GLS

Old Jan 25th 2019, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default p.s to the ongoing problems with GLS

Just written to David Thomas of 'safe communities Portugal' regarding what now appears to be direct theft of a parcel sent from the UK to my baby granddaughter. here in the Algarve.- The parcel was sent by my niece via Royal Mail and then GLS it was a usual . tracked to the channel ..and then disappeared
The latter company.. Now notorious for undelivered parcels seem to have made a big mistake. They told my niece that the parcel had 'been delivered and signed for by my daughter in Luz. on January 7th' No such thing occurred.

I have taken advice from Mr Thomas and he feels that this could now be seen as a crime. GLS will now have to provide written proof, and a statement will have to be given as to how the 'postman' gained access to a secure building, and then to a secure apartment to gain this 'signature'

Meanwhile he suggests everyone who has had this problem to complain to Consumidor Portugal. The more of us that do the better.

I will pass on the address when I get it from him

Old Jan 25th 2019, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: p.s to the ongoing problems with GLS

Might I suggest you contact GLS again and ask the location of what they charmingly call a 'parcel shop' ................ A very significant number of courier companies have recently adopted this scam where they drop all the parcels off at one location & the guy in the parcel shop signs for all of them in the name of the addressee...................... my so called 'parcel shop' is a motorcycle shop in the next town & they have an office quite literally filled with undelivered parcels.

To me, it's nothing short of fraud because you're paying for door to door delivery & not getting what you paid for.

To make matters worse, they don't even contact you to tell you where your parcel is and rely on the fact that you might have a crystal ball to find out the location of their secret hideaway!
Old Jan 25th 2019, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
Might I suggest you contact GLS again and ask the location of what they charmingly call a 'parcel shop' ................ A very significant number of courier companies have recently adopted this scam where they drop all the parcels off at one location & the guy in the parcel shop signs for all of them in the name of the addressee...................... my so called 'parcel shop' is a motorcycle shop in the next town & they have an office quite literally filled with undelivered parcels.

To me, it's nothing short of fraud because you're paying for door to door delivery & not getting what you paid for.

To make matters worse, they don't even contact you to tell you where your parcel is and rely on the fact that you might have a crystal ball to find out the location of their secret hideaway!

Exactly our experience mfesharne.... ( if you trawl back through past posts you will see that all that has been covered)
This is just the latest episode in a long drawn out battle with this company. Hoping however that this 'slip up' of their's in claiming that the addressee signed for the package ,when its patently a lie.Will lead to some actual action.
This company does not deliver parcels.it dumps them .or I suspect in some cases.steals them. There is no other explaination for so many missing items that have been tracked to the channel, and then disappear
We know where our 'parcel shop' is. It's the SPA grocer.. Usually though the sender has to specify this shop.
Old Jan 26th 2019, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

+ GeniB - Have you lodge a complaint to the Ombudsman who has been appointed to investigate GLS due to the amount off complaints over there service ?
Link :- http://gls-group.eu/EU/en/compliance/ombudsman

Last edited by Ingles; Jan 26th 2019 at 9:40 am. Reason: comment & link
Old Jan 26th 2019, 10:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I notice that you are all talking about GLS deliveries to Portugal going astray and wondered whether any of you have had any experience with them delivering in the UK.

Rosemary
Old Jan 26th 2019, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I notice that you are all talking about GLS deliveries to Portugal going astray and wondered whether any of you have had any experience with them delivering in the UK.

Rosemary
No Rosemary, I for one have never experienced a problem sending parcels back from Portugal to the UK.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
+ GeniB - Have you lodge a complaint to the Ombudsman who has been appointed to investigate GLS due to the amount off complaints over there service ?
Link :- http://gls-group.eu/EU/en/compliance/ombudsman
If you read that you'll see it's a 'ombudsman style' investigation set up by GLS themselves that doesn't involve the Ombudsman at all & has absolutely no teeth...................... In other words, it's a whitewash.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

If you read that you'll see it's a 'ombudsman style' investigation set up by GLS themselves that doesn't involve the Ombudsman at all & has absolutely no teeth...................... In other words, it's a whitewash.
This is a +/- situation , the relative word to cover this is compliance
The info I received was to the fact, as there where so many complaints against about them ,they where give two choices ,either they appoint a independent over sight body, or one would be forced upon them.
GLS have NO control over Derkurier & are legally bound by it's findings !
To state it's a "whitewash" is incorrect !
Compliance
Old Jan 27th 2019, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

If it's paid for by GLS the report will say anything GLS want it to say & if you believe otherwise, I've got a bridge to sell you. lol!

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of the smelly brown stuff it'll be a whitewash.

I'd like to think otherwise but I don't
Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Might I suggest you contact GLS again and ask the location of what they charmingly call a 'parcel shop' ...
You can find these parcel shops' details at https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/depot-parcelshop-search using your postcode.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
You can find these parcel shops' details at https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/depot-parcelshop-search using your postcode.
Thanks Richard for the link however GLS can't even get this right. A cafe i know very well is listed on the GLS site. If you look at the picture you will see that where GLS say the cafe in Ponte Velha has the GLS flag is away how clever is that.

Unlike other Gls collection shops i have removed the Email link that was listed for the address at Ponte Velha as the lady passed away last week.

Come on GLS do a bit better.

Peter

Old Jan 27th 2019, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

My nearest one, Olhão, is shown as being in the middle of a field not far from my house. How clever is that GLS?
Old Jan 27th 2019, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

When they seem unable to find so many addresses, did anyone expect anything else?
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

If it's paid for by GLS the report will say anything GLS want it to say & if you believe otherwise, I've got a bridge to sell you. lol!

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of the smelly brown stuff it'll be a whitewash.

I'd like to think otherwise but I don't
I don't want to argue with you ,but you obviously do not understand what the word "Compliance" indicates !!!!!
You may want to view this
http://www.businessdictionary.com/de...ompliance.html

Last edited by Ingles; Jan 28th 2019 at 9:08 am.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Since Richard posted a link to GLS delivering to shops i check the two closest to where i live and both said that GLS as well as other Couriers also deliver to them.

Why not check Richards link and find a drop off point near you and maybe stop loosing parcels.

Peter

www.liverpoolsplashbacks.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.