Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Online Pharmacies

Online Pharmacies

Old Jun 16th 2022, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

DWH1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online Pharmacies

Can anyone recommend an online pharmacy operating in Portugal/Europe? One that does generic sildenafil and has the same model as Lloyd's Pharmacy in the UK, with an online consultation.
Old Jun 16th 2022, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Pharmacies

I buy non-prescription generics, like antihistamines, here: https://www.nossafarmacia.pt/home

It's much cheaper than my local pharmacies, but they will only home deliver if you are within the service area of one of their pharmacies (I'm not, so I have to take a short trip to pick it up at the nearest one instead)

It's easy to get an online "consultation" and prescription, many doctors will do this and you'll find that your local pharmacy often has an arrangement with a doctor to write you a prescription - just ask at the pharmacy and wait a few days for the doctor to write it and send to the pharmacy

But there's no "one stop shop" to do everything beginning to end online, as far as I'm aware
Old Jun 17th 2022, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

SgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan PT
I buy non-prescription generics, like antihistamines, here: https://www.nossafarmacia.pt/home

It's much cheaper than my local pharmacies, but they will only home deliver if you are within the service area of one of their pharmacies (I'm not, so I have to take a short trip to pick it up at the nearest one instead)

It's easy to get an online "consultation" and prescription, many doctors will do this and you'll find that your local pharmacy often has an arrangement with a doctor to write you a prescription - just ask at the pharmacy and wait a few days for the doctor to write it and send to the pharmacy

But there's no "one stop shop" to do everything beginning to end online, as far as I'm aware
Is there a fee for the consultation and for the prescription itself?
Old Jun 17th 2022, 9:10 am
Just Joined

I've done this: 30 euros for the consultation, then the prescription charge. That's why I'm trying to find somewhere online...
Old Jun 17th 2022, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DWH1963
I've done this: 30 euros for the consultation, then the prescription charge. That's why I'm trying to find somewhere online...
Fees vary. Medis was offering free teleconsultas via it's app for a while (but obviously only if you had their insurance), the SNS24 app also has a teleconsulta function, but I haven't tried it. Our local pharmacy was charging 4 euro for their prescription service I think (no actual consulting involved)
Old Jun 17th 2022, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

SgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtTroy has a reputation beyond repute

I've done this: 30 euros for the consultation, then the prescription charge.
That's a robbery
Old Jun 17th 2022, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone recommend an online pharmacy operating in Portugal/Europe? One that does generic sildenafil and has the same model as Lloyd's Pharmacy in the UK, with an online consultation.
Have you registered at your local Halth Centre and got a patient number ( Utente ) ? If so consultation is free, doctor will issue prescription and the pharmacy will normally offer generic if you want it. Once first prescription issued you can email them for a renewal and they normally send it as a text to your mobile.
Old Jun 17th 2022, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Yes, got an utente, it's just really difficult getting an appointment at our health centre...
Old Jun 17th 2022, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sure that EU prescriptions are valid it PT, just not sure whether UK prescriptions might be still valid.
Old Jun 18th 2022, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

"Yes, got an utente, it's just really difficult getting an appointment at our health centre...".

Do you need to see a doctor.? We usually just pick up a repeat prescription form at the Centro. Fill it in and and hand it back. Usually ready(not always!) to pick up a few days to a week later.