Reload this Page >

Where can I meet English speaking locals British expats in Tomar

Where can I meet English speaking locals British expats in Tomar

Old Aug 28th 2017, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Rache2682 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where can I meet English speaking locals British expats in Tomar

Hi everyone

I moved to Tomar 8 weeks ago with my 4 year old son. Absolutely love the place but missing friends and family. I don't speak Portuguese as yet and my son is set to start preschool in September. I initially came out as was engaged to a Portuguese local who hasn't turned out to what I thought. No hang ups I made a decision to move here so I am going to try to do it alone. But would love to meet some English speaking locals or British expects for some advice on a few things. Also if anyone can teach me Portuguese would be massively appreciated. I am a happy person, love to laugh and love life. Would really like to make friends.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

rollermum83 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where can I meet English speaking locals British expats in Tomar

Hi have you tried looking on anything and everything Algarve there are lots of different groups for all sorts of things from buying and selling to making friends, you can always email me for a chat but I'm on the east coast 😎
Old Aug 29th 2017, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rache2682
Hi everyone

I moved to Tomar 8 weeks ago with my 4 year old son. Absolutely love the place but missing friends and family. I don't speak Portuguese as yet and my son is set to start preschool in September. I initially came out as was engaged to a Portuguese local who hasn't turned out to what I thought. No hang ups I made a decision to move here so I am going to try to do it alone. But would love to meet some English speaking locals or British expects for some advice on a few things. Also if anyone can teach me Portuguese would be massively appreciated. I am a happy person, love to laugh and love life. Would really like to make friends.
Hi Rachel

Just go into many of the bars for a coffee and listen for English voices there are plenty of English people in the Tomar area. It won't take long and you should find new friends.

Peter
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Just beware of the "experts" and take most of the "advice" with a pinch of salt.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:12 pm
Now Living Here :-)

Carla66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya
You could maybe ask at your local library if they have Portuguese lessons?
Our local library has a volunteer who comes in weekly to take lessons - maybe a place where you might meet a few ex-pats also. They also might have posters advertising local clubs/activities where you might meet people?
Good luck with it all.