Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 10th 2017, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

Originally Posted by peterfc
Hi All

Speed is not everything as the picture below shows. I have the TV on for the news and i am on the Forum typing a reply. my speed is only 87mbps and i have no buffering. Anything better than i have will work fine.

Peter
Good point....... mine improved immensely when I dumped the hateful Vista OS and switched to Linux/Ubuntu which I've found to be fabulous...... but I'd have thought the consumption limit might be a problem if the consumer doesn't have truly unlimited?
Old May 10th 2017, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Speed is not everything as the picture below shows. I have the TV on for the news and i am on the Forum typing a reply. my speed is only 87mbps and i have no buffering. Anything better than i have will work fine.

Peter
A lot of the time buffering is unsteady speed, but also the server sending the info can get overwhelmed and cause buffering.
Old May 10th 2017, 10:48 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
A lot of the time buffering is unsteady speed, but also the server sending the info can get overwhelmed and cause buffering.
Contention is the greatest problem - too many others looking for their slice of the same cake. Down here I have a pretty atrocious linespeed, but rarely get buffering because there are few people sharing my network switch.
Old May 11th 2017, 8:52 am
Just Joined

SteveBo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Peter
Ideally anything above 2mbs is sufficient for streaming, the problem is maintaining above the 2mbs mark. Also equally important for streaming is the ping test which should be below 60ms, this isn't shown on your picture. By the way your speed is 0.87mbs not 87mbs.
Old May 11th 2017, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Correct buffering isn't always related to the speed you are getting. The server side can get overwhelmed with too many connections, as you said. Try and watch an England match on FilmOn during a major competition very frustrating.
Old May 11th 2017, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm in semi rural New Zealand. We've only just been able to get wireless broadband and cannot get unlimited. It is 240gb then buy as you go. Not cheap.
Ideally you need unlimited connection but 240GB limit isn't bad. Then again it all depends how many hours of streaming (TV watching) you want to do. It's hard to calculate the usage of streaming but I think you could get away with 2-3 hours a day on 240GB.
Old May 11th 2017, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBo
Ideally you need unlimited connection but 240GB limit isn't bad. Then again it all depends how many hours of streaming (TV watching) you want to do. It's hard to calculate the usage of streaming but I think you could get away with 2-3 hours a day on 240GB.
Hi

Recently while unwell i sat feeling sorry for myself and having unlimited broadband i lay on my couch all day and evening streaming live TV. This was before Filmon started to charge so i don't know where you get your 2-3 hours from.

The edit button missing stopped me from correcting and yes my speed is 0.87mbps and my ping was 15 and today it's 22.

Yes i am OK now.

Peter
Old May 11th 2017, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Recently while unwell i sat feeling sorry for myself and having unlimited broadband i lay on my couch all day and evening streaming live TV. This was before Filmon started to charge so i don't know where you get your 2-3 hours from.

The edit button missing stopped me from correcting and yes my speed is 0.87mbps and my ping was 15 and today it's 22.

Yes i am OK now.

Peter
Glad to hear your ok now.

Can you reset your data counter on your android box Peter and see how much data is required to run an evenings tv on 720 (or whatever quality you use). That would give those on limited data an idea of the usage they can make of the iptv
Old May 11th 2017, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Hi

Yes i am OK now.

Peter
2-3 hours a day before you reach Bevs limit of 240GB. I presume it is a monthly limit and at the end of the month it gets reset.
Your ping is good for streaming and is typically of a land line connection which is more stable than 3G/4G or even Satellite.
Old May 11th 2017, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear your ok now.

Can you reset your data counter on your android box Peter and see how much data is required to run an evenings tv on 720 (or whatever quality you use). That would give those on limited data an idea of the usage they can make of the iptv
Hi

Sorry i don't use an Android box but UBUNTU Linux nice safe and sound but i will have a look later.

Peter
Old May 11th 2017, 1:35 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Now Watch British TV Channels Live Online FREE seems to require registration (but no payment) - and then, it doesn't let you sign on without faffing about.

PITA
Old May 12th 2017, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

just looked again at robs satellite etc Watch UK TV channels – Rob's Satellite TV
and as of today its members only and you have to pay
also just checked another recommended http://watchbritishtv.com - tries to force you to buy a vpn - and if you do it simply routes you to iplayer etc - no longer free live tv
seems the formerly free people have decided to cash in on the demise of free filmon
Old May 12th 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
just looked again at robs satellite etc Watch UK TV channels – Rob's Satellite TV
and as of today its members only and you have to pay
also just checked another recommended http://watchbritishtv.com - tries to force you to buy a vpn - and if you do it simply routes you to iplayer etc - no longer free live tv
seems the formerly free people have decided to cash in on the demise of free filmon
Although Level 1 content is still foc and level 2 content is £1 per month which is hardly extortionate (as long as it lasts)
Old May 12th 2017, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

agreed - if someone told me i could access the 10 or so channels i watch for one pound a month i would be happy
Old May 13th 2017, 6:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SteveBo
2-3 hours a day before you reach Bevs limit of 240GB. I presume it is a monthly limit and at the end of the month it gets reset.
Yes. I would go along with that. If you go over they can bust you back to dial up . Anything over 240gb you need to pay $10NZD per 10gb.
We usually are OK with 120GB and that is plenty even with NZTV being the pits.

Recently with visitors though and all their devices it went a bit pear shaped to say the least.

Not that it interests Portugal really but NZ broadband is perhaps not as one knows it. :sneaky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.