Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 9th 2017, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

I should have added that both systems are of course dependent on a reasonably good but not necessarily great internet connection.

Those that do want to use either or both systems but are unsure of how to install them will find plenty of online tutorials on youtube & similar to help them.

Both systems work very well indeed and at the end of the day, everyone has the choice whether to use them or not and whichever decision an individual makes on that is entirely their business & none of anyone else's.

Last edited by mfesharne; May 9th 2017 at 7:44 am.
Old May 9th 2017, 8:03 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
I should have added that both systems are of course dependent on a reasonably good but not necessarily great internet connection.

Those that do want to use either or both systems but are unsure of how to install them will find plenty of online tutorials on youtube & similar to help them.

Both systems work very well indeed and at the end of the day, everyone has the choice whether to use them or not and whichever decision an individual makes on that is entirely their business & none of anyone else's.
Not any more, you should look up the new legislation.
I detect the same atitude towards IPTV as there was when the first rumours of the sat changes and the end of Freesat across much of Europe.
" It will not happen, the advertisers make too much money, we pay our TV licence etc etc."
Well it happened.
Enjoy what you have while it's available.

Old May 9th 2017, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
if its of no interest - then how do you know - and why post
what an unpleasant thing to do
Why 'unpleasant'? It's informative

I have always found FILMON a pain. buffering.slow to load. etc etc. We watch on NETFLIX when we get a free subscription. Otherwise try to watch as little TV as possible.We are in Portugal... the weather is lovely...
Old May 9th 2017, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

lol - the poor woman only asked what kodi was
Old May 9th 2017, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Why 'unpleasant'? It's informative

I have always found FILMON a pain. buffering.slow to load. etc etc. We watch on NETFLIX when we get a free subscription. Otherwise try to watch as little TV as possible.We are in Portugal... the weather is lovely...
tvcatchup is much better quality than filmon

the addon phoenix in kodi is much better than NETFLIX - it has 100 times more movies including ones that came out this week and shows tv series live as they happen - we missed the durrels on sunday and watched it 3 hours later on this
Old May 9th 2017, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
No. There again I am down in the land that time forgot.

What is it?
Read PM
Old May 9th 2017, 11:15 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

In 'non tech' language Kodi is a way to watch pretty much all movies & TV (from oldest to newest) on demand for free.

It is not a single program but rather a series of programs that needs to be put together in the right order rather like building a wall.

Mobdro is technically different but basically gives a similar result except scheduled rather than on demand.
Not technically true - kodi is a framework, in itself it gives access only to media you load yourself. However, it is an open platform and there are third-party extensions that allow people to access films and television etc. kodi itself is not illegal - it is the third-party addons that may breach copyright terms.

These extensions, the bricks in the wall, are sometimes difficult to configure correctly, so (as always) people have stepped in to provide pre-configured android boxes (incorrectly known as kodi boxes). The term "fully loaded" suggests a box that has not just got kodi installed, but also these third-party extensions installed and configured specifically to bypass copyright restrictions.

Mobdro is like one of those third-party addons and there are other stand-alone access mechanisms, for android or other platforms which give similar access to streams on the internet.

As to "the end of free TV" - well, whilst it exists anywhere, it exists everywhere - if you have the tools to find it. A VPN will give access to anything free-to-air in the UK or elsewhere. Like the end of freesat access, if the existing platforms close, new ways will be found to achieve the same ends .....

Last edited by macliam; May 9th 2017 at 11:18 am.
Old May 9th 2017, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Not technically true - kodi is a framework, in itself it gives access only to media you load yourself. However, it is an open platform and there are third-party extensions that allow people to access films and television etc. kodi itself is not illegal - it is the third-party addons that may breach copyright terms.

These extensions, the bricks in the wall, are sometimes difficult to configure correctly, so (as always) people have stepped in to provide pre-configured android boxes (incorrectly known as kodi boxes). The term "fully loaded" suggests a box that has not just got kodi installed, but also these third-party extensions installed and configured specifically to bypass copyright restrictions.

Mobdro is like one of those third-party addons and there are other stand-alone access mechanisms, for android or other platforms which give similar access to streams on the internet.

As to "the end of free TV" - well, whilst it exists anywhere, it exists everywhere - if you have the tools to find it. A VPN will give access to anything free-to-air in the UK or elsewhere. Like the end of freesat access, if the existing platforms close, new ways will be found to achieve the same ends .....
I don't disagree with you but was trying to give a simple, non tech explanation of what is (to me at least) a complicated & confusing system........... but thank God for the youtube instructional videos.
Old May 10th 2017, 2:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Blimey.

Hmm. What speed is everyone thinking.
Old May 10th 2017, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Blimey.

Hmm. What speed is everyone thinking.
An unlimited broadband supply should be fine.
Old May 10th 2017, 5:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

An unlimited broadband supply should be fine.
I'm in semi rural New Zealand. We've only just been able to get wireless broadband and cannot get unlimited. It is 240gb then buy as you go. Not cheap.
Old May 10th 2017, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm in semi rural New Zealand. We've only just been able to get wireless broadband and cannot get unlimited. It is 240gb then buy as you go. Not cheap.
I'm no expert but it probably wouldn't work on that but the bigger problem would be the use limit - But have you considered changing to satellite internet which if available would give you the required speed.

Here in Portugal the preferred satellite internet method is Tooway & I'd guess there's a Kiwi option as well.

I'm certainly no expert but if you visit the site I mentioned earlier (feliztech.com) and give them your GPS co-ordinates they might well be able to tell you if it's available & if so, who from.

Then you just do a deal with the supplier, aim your dish at the satellite & Bob's your Uncle.

If you want to get an idea of prices here just Google Bentley Walker Tooway & check their prices.
Old May 10th 2017, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Then it seems streaming is just not for you. As it's data intensive, both in the need for speed, and quantity.
Old May 10th 2017, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

That nice Mr Google suggests there might be several options.

https://wirelessnation.co.nz/rural/products/satellite

https://wirelessnation.co.nz/

TS2 √ Local Satellite Internet Services in NEW-ZEALAND
Old May 10th 2017, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Speed is not everything as the picture below shows. I have the TV on for the news and i am on the Forum typing a reply. my speed is only 87mbps and i have no buffering. Anything better than i have will work fine.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails Now pay for Filmon-screenshot-2017-05-10-09-23-41.png  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.