Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 5th 2017, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

Originally Posted by EMR
Those who are selling these boxes now deemed illegal are cowboys, UK or Portugal it does not matter.
We know people who have paid out a couple of thousands euros since the switch off trying to get a decent provider of UK tv.
Excuses given, poor Internet, you need to pay and change to this service.
Your box is now out of date a new one will cost x.
If you want Sky we can now provide a even newer box but it will cost x plus x euros month.
Not everyone is or wants to be as tech savvy as you obviously are.
of course there are always crooks - not cowboys - in every walk of life

Raspberry Pi + kodi - easiest and cheapest way to watch things
Old May 5th 2017, 12:12 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Those who are selling these boxes now deemed illegal are cowboys, UK or Portugal it does not matter.
We know people who have paid out a couple of thousands euros since the switch off trying to get a decent provider of UK tv.
Excuses given, poor Internet, you need to pay and change to this service.
Your box is now out of date a new one will cost x.
If you want Sky we can now provide a even newer box but it will cost x plus x euros month.
Not everyone is or wants to be as tech savvy as you obviously are.
Then it is the cowboys who are the problem - not the "box" as you call it. Without kodi, they would sell another product, or lease a VPN to provide access to UK TV .... there will always be a way to con people out of their money.

Some people have paid for boxes to access the BBC backup satellite, which could also disappear at any time..... others pay so-called "experts" and get what they get ..... once things move away from the normal "legal" path, there are always sharks looking for easy pickings.

I pay a UK TV license, but the BBC choose to block my access. I live in the UK part time, so the adverts that pay for commercial TV are as relevant to me as to anyone in the UK, but again I am geoblocked. When access was available by satellite, I had what I required - but by changing the satellite on which UK TV is carried, I was forced to seek alternatives - which DO offer other access.

It's a mess, but it's a mess caused by the companies and the copyright laws that do not recognise the changing nature of access and the requirements of people outside the "norm" of their customers. When some normal consumer is prosecuted for accessing a program abroad that he could legally access whilst in the UK, I'll start to worry...
Old May 5th 2017, 12:19 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
just as an aside to this topic many isp's now restrict access to internet sites
another hugely grey legal area - are isps allowed to determine what you see

meo here in Portugal prevent access to many of the download websites - piratebay for eg
so its necessary if you want to go there to use a vpn or proxyportal
I am sure they are and can, by using their service you accept what ever conditions they impose, whatever agreements they strike with governments for access to their markets etc.
Nothing is truly free.
You will know what flack Facebook is facing because of lack of controls over its content.
It is not too big a step for access to Facebook to be blocked or restricted if it does not take steps to edit it's content.
Old May 6th 2017, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but why don't people just pay for Netflix?
Most of the shows are in English and it's €8 a month.
I know people love a bargain and some people haven't got alot of free money, but it's not exactly expensive.
Old May 6th 2017, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliceCaroline
I'm not sure if I'm missing something but why don't people just pay for Netflix?
I know people love a bargain and some people haven't got alot of free money, but it's not exactly expensive.
i could be wrong but i don't believe it shows live tv programs - not in portugal anyway
Old May 6th 2017, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliceCaroline
Why pay for Netflix when you can get endless on demand movies & TV (including all the most up to date) on Kodi & endless scheduled programmes (including Sky) on Mobdro for nothing?
Old May 6th 2017, 5:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
Why pay for Netflix when you can get endless on demand movies & TV (including all the most up to date) on Kodi & endless scheduled programmes (including Sky) on Mobdro for nothing?
The recent ECJ ruling has said that it is illegal to stream copywritten product.
Selling get pre loaded boxes is now illegal.
Sky ,Netflix etc have very deep pockets when it comes to seeking out and stopping those who " aquire " their products and attach it to Kodi etc.
FREE TV access to a decent product is on borrowed time.
Would it not be so much easier if they could all get their acts together and that we could legally purchase a box legally preloaded with subscription services.
Pay for what you want to view
Cut out the middlemen, the installers, do it all yourself.
Just like connecting your tablet, laptop etc to your wifi.
Old May 6th 2017, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

i could be wrong but i don't believe it shows live tv programs - not in portugal anyway
What do you mean by live tv programs? Things like the X factor, sports and up to date soaps?

I googled it and this is their list of Netflix shows, there is a separate list of films.

https://www.finder.com/pt/netflix-tv-shows

If you just want to pass the cold winter nights with a bit of English TV surely it is easier to use an undisputedly legal and reliable method?

I like to watch the sport in a bar.
Old May 6th 2017, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I could be wrong but i don't think they are live
you can watch the tv series - but only after the event
kind of kills sport etc
Old May 6th 2017, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

kind of kills sport etc
Yes, I think it is stuff that has already been aired, apart from the shows made for Netflixs like House of Cards.

But surely unless you are an avid follower of the soaps then it is just Sport that you'd miss watching live?

I do tend to watch the footy in the pub anyway because of the atmosphere.

Personally I think €8 for a good service is a reasonable price to pay.

Last edited by AliceCaroline; May 6th 2017 at 5:54 pm. Reason: House of cards - not Game of Cards
Old May 6th 2017, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

kind of kills sport etc
I also like to watch live sport if I'm going to watch sport (though I only watch Rugby) but Mobdro gives you all the Sky sports channels & most good sport or at least the sport I want to watch is on that live....... and if not there then on BBC or one of the others.
Old May 6th 2017, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just mentioned Netfix as we have a long thread here about UK TV, and I've read others that are very similar, yet people never seem to mention Netfix.

To me it seems the obvious choice, so I was wondering if I was missing something. We don't move over until January but I was planning on getting an internet only package and run Netfix on a smart TV.
We watch very little TV but I think €8 a month is cheap, and you can cancel if you aren't impressed, in fact the first month is free.
Old May 6th 2017, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think Netflix is another good option but tend to think Kodi & Mobdro are better options but of course everyone must make their own decision of which to use........ what I don't understand is why so many get their knickers in a twist over what choice others choose to make.
Old May 6th 2017, 6:44 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by mfesharne
I think Netflix is another good option but tend to think Kodi & Mobdro are better options but of course everyone must make their own decision of which to use........ what I don't understand is why so many get their knickers in a twist over what choice others choose to make.
Think of it this way, who is paying for the stolen channels you want to watch for free.
If the providers did not get in enough revenue to pay for the sports services that others are paying for ,how would you feel if they stopped broadcasting.
Would you buy stolen goods in a bar ?
Old May 6th 2017, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I signed on for the netflix free month; the interface is terrible, but the real problem is the Portuguese site has so few programs, that I'd already seen all the ones even remotely interesting [to me].
I could hire a VPN and get American netflix, but that would be considerable additional expense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.