Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 5th 2017, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
Imo KODI is the tarmac road. � In itself it doesn't encourage or help someone speed.

i find it amazing how much time is spent on creating new rules to protect commercial organisations, however the dark net hasn't been banned yet is widely regarded as a place where individuals are needing protection.

I've yet to read a blog on how a Hollywood actor wories about the cost of heating their home.

I've absolutely no sympathy for the film industry or large marketing companies who make a fortune, then dodge the taxes & whine about kodi and/or mobdro etc meaning they make less than they feel they deserve.
Old May 5th 2017, 8:40 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne

I've absolutely no sympathy for the film industry or large marketing companies who make a fortune, then dodge the taxes & whine about kodi and/or mobdro etc meaning they make less than they feel they deserve.
Then stop watching their product, obviously you have no interest in what they produce.
Live without, TV, films ,music etc.
But of course you will not, when you can get it for free , for now anyway.

Last edited by EMR; May 5th 2017 at 8:45 am.
Old May 5th 2017, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterfc
Would love to answer that but best do a Google search. I will say i never download at home.

Peter
so you download everything you watch - even though you take great pleasure in telling us you don't watch
You somehow think its less illegal because you don't download at home - what do you do - hide in a darkened shed - use a vpn - chill
you are a very odd man

personally guilty -
tv- i watch catchup or use a vpn and go direct to source iplayer etc
movies i watch - rarely download via kodi - navi-x and phoenix are the best addons at the moment - probably something different another year
occasionally use bittorrent and utorrent downloads for rare films and music - especially flac files
i use internet radio - my streamer box gets thousands of stations - no one seems to have a problem when you listen ilegally to the radio
i also use spotify for music

youtube has a wealth of material

but i still buy stuff - pay the tv license in two countries - buy cds - occasionally dvds - occasionally go to the cinema

Last edited by carvoeiro; May 5th 2017 at 9:01 am.
Old May 5th 2017, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Then stop watching their product, obviously you have no interest in what they produce.
Live without, TV, films ,music etc.
But of course you will not, when you can get it for free , for now anyway.
I think there is a difference between having no sympathy for profits being down due to content theft, and not being interested in their product.

kodi knows that creating room for Netflix, amazon, sky, etc is good commercially, it also protects their software as it has a legitimate reason. � Netflix etc know they'd give Kodi legitimacy, but also know they need be on the platform to encourage legit users use the legit method, they also know that Kodi is here to stay. � Kodi will always be open source software, and thus always have 3rd party add-ons.
Old May 5th 2017, 9:29 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
I think there is a difference between having no sympathy for profits being down due to content theft, and not being interested in their product.

kodi knows that creating room for Netflix, amazon, sky, etc is good commercially, it also protects their software as it has a legitimate reason. � Netflix etc know they'd give Kodi legitimacy, but also know they need be on the platform to encourage legit users use the legit method, they also know that Kodi is here to stay. � Kodi will always be open source software, and thus always have 3rd party add-ons.
You confirm that the trend towards ending free access to the main providers of media has started.
Kodi is changing , it is launching new software at its conference in Porto.
The last thing it wants is to become an accessory to global copywrite infringement laws .
It will become part of the establishment, main stream and probably launched on the stockmarket in years to come.
It will be no different to Facebook, Twitter etc when the mighty dollar comes to call.
Old May 5th 2017, 9:41 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
so you download everything you watch - even though you take great pleasure in telling us you don't watch
You somehow think its less illegal because you don't download at home - what do you do - hide in a darkened shed - use a vpn - chill
you are a very odd man

personally guilty -
tv- i watch catchup or use a vpn and go direct to source iplayer etc
movies i watch - rarely download via kodi - navi-x and phoenix are the best addons at the moment - probably something different another year
occasionally use bittorrent and utorrent downloads for rare films and music - especially flac files
i use internet radio - my streamer box gets thousands of stations - no one seems to have a problem when you listen ilegally to the radio
i also use spotify for music

youtube has a wealth of material

but i still buy stuff - pay the tv license in two countries - buy cds - occasionally dvds - occasionally go to the cinema
I have a Sky subscription, UK tv license and when in PT cabo visao.
When out of the UK I record anything I want to view on my Sky box.
My PT subscription provides BBC, Sky,CNN and numerous other English language news sources as does the Internet.
I would be more than happy to pay a subscription to view I player etc when abroad , I think that this may happen sooner rather than later with that service becoming encrypted.
Would you ?
Old May 5th 2017, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
You confirm that the trend towards ending free access to the main providers of media has started.
Kodi is changing , it is launching new software at its conference in Porto.
The last thing it wants is to become an accessory to global copywrite infringement laws .
It will become part of the establishent, main stream and probably launched on the stockmarket in years to come.
It will be no different to Facebook, Twitter etc when the mighty dollar comes to call.
sorry i can't agree with this at all
for every kodi addon that went several more appeared
there are already many other platforms similar to kodi - plex - osmc - emby and i'm sure many more
for every kodi that becomes more restrictive there will be many new kids on the block - self evident based on what already happened for the last twenty years
kodi and the download torrents may change or disappear but their spirit will undoubtably live on
Old May 5th 2017, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
I have a Sky subscription, UK tv license and when in PT cabo visao.
When out of the UK I record anything I want to view on my Sky box.
My PT subscription provides BBC, Sky,CNN and numerous other English language news sources as does the Internet.
I would be more than happy to pay a subscription to view I player etc when abroad , I think that this may happen sooner rather than later with that service becoming encrypted.
Would you ?
yes in theory - but as i already pay a uk tv license i also think that should give me access
its a complicated issue - the bbc say the reason you cant use iplayer ouside of the uk is because they are not licensed to broadcast outside of the uk
however sky for eg broadcast bbc channels outside of the uk - so it doesn't really add up
for the bbc to change the license and broadcast arrangements for every film for eg that they have purchased the rights to show would be very complicated
when the bbc or indeed any other tv company buy the rights to show a movie - they buy the rights to show it a set number of times in the UK
the other companies that re-broadcast the bbc - legally or otherwise theoretically have licence issues specifically to that film
its a relatively new legal area and is very complex with new case law being established almost every week - the companies and lawyers can't keep up so theres no chance for joe public

Last edited by carvoeiro; May 5th 2017 at 9:53 am.
Old May 5th 2017, 9:58 am
EMR
Banned

yes in theory - but as i already pay a uk tv license i also think that should give me access
its a complicated issue - the bbc say the reason you cant use iplayer ouside of the uk is because they are not licensed to broadcast outside of the uk
however sky for eg broadcast bbc channels outside of the uk - so it doesn't really add up
for the bbc to change the license and broadcast arrangements for every film for eg that they have purchased the rights to show would be very complicated
when the bbc or indeed any other tv company buy the rights to show a movie - they buy the rights to show it a set number of times in the UK
the other companies that re-broadcast the bbc - legally or otherwise theoretically have licence issues specifically to that film
its a relatively new legal area and is very complex with new case law being established almost every week - the companies and lawyers can't keep up so theres no chance for joe public
I agree that it's an area that is wide open for the cowboys to abuse and take advantage of those who just want to pick up their remote and watch their favourite progs where ever they are.
The BBC broadcasts on a different satellite to Sky .
In theory the Sky signal is also only available to UK subscribers resident in the UK.
Old May 5th 2017, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

i - like most give up worrying about this watch and listen to some things for free and pay for others
live is far too complicated
for eg - if i want to watch a new movie
i could go to the cinema - pay 10 euros
watch it on sky - pay a wide range of different subscriptions
buy the dvd- bluray 5- 15 euros
watch on netflix etc - pay almost anything - from a free trial to a large single payment
then when i watch - small pc - iphone - small tv - watch in my home cinema
who knows what is an appropriate payment to make
plus many things you can choose to pay for are both legally and illegally broadcast for free - how do you keep track
People have debated whether or not Filmon was legal since the day it started
eg some 1yo movies are on youtube - first how do i know if they are legal - second i can still pay to watch those - sky movies etc - which is correct - watch for free or force me to pay because the option exists
lifes too short

Last edited by carvoeiro; May 5th 2017 at 10:30 am.
Old May 5th 2017, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

Just one point

Posts in this thread appear to assume that file sharing is illegal.
In PORTUGAL downloading music, TV and movies for personal use is NOT illegal. File sharing is only illegal when it done for commercial purposes.

Portuguese courts have also ruled that an IP address by itself is insufficient evidence to identify the individual involved.
Old May 5th 2017, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
I agree that it's an area that is wide open for the cowboys to abuse and take advantage of those who just want to pick up their remote and watch their favourite progs where ever they are.
The BBC broadcasts on a different satellite to Sky .
In theory the Sky signal is also only available to UK subscribers resident in the UK.
generally people who believe in any form of freedom of information don't see themselves as 'cowboys'
they rather see the people wanting to restrict or put their own slant or advertising on information as the 'cowboys'
when you look at how msn google the bbc and others have dealt with information recently its easy to understand their point of view
Old May 5th 2017, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

just as an aside to this topic many isp's now restrict access to internet sites
another hugely grey legal area - are isps allowed to determine what you see

meo here in Portugal prevent access to many of the download websites - piratebay for eg
so its necessary if you want to go there to use a vpn or proxyportal
Old May 5th 2017, 11:06 am
EMR
Banned

generally people who believe in any form of freedom of information don't see themselves as 'cowboys'
they rather see the people wanting to restrict or put their own slant or advertising on information as the 'cowboys'
when you look at how msn google the bbc and others have dealt with information recently its easy to understand their point of view
Those who are selling these boxes now deemed illegal are cowboys, UK or Portugal it does not matter.
We know people who have paid out a couple of thousands euros since the switch off trying to get a decent provider of UK tv.
Excuses given, poor Internet, you need to pay and change to this service.
Your box is now out of date a new one will cost x.
If you want Sky we can now provide a even newer box but it will cost x plus x euros month.
Not everyone is or wants to be as tech savvy as you obviously are.
Old May 5th 2017, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

just as an aside to this topic many isp's now restrict access to internet sites
another hugely grey legal area - are isps allowed to determine what you see

meo here in Portugal prevent access to many of the download websites - piratebay for eg
so its necessary if you want to go there to use a vpn or proxyportal
This is the one concession the Portuguese authorities made - to block download websites, presumably because their activities could be deemed to be commercial.

http://exameinformatica.sapo.pt/noti...-filmes-na-net

Last edited by Naaling; May 5th 2017 at 11:13 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.