Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Notifying Portugal's 'DVLA' of change of address ?

Notifying Portugal's 'DVLA' of change of address ?

Old Mar 4th 2024, 10:55 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Notifying Portugal's 'DVLA' of change of address ?

I bought a car new a year ago, ie on Portuguese plates.

I am officially resident in the UK, not Portugal ( and the Finan,cas know this ). However I do have a place in Portugal and assume that the dealer registered my car to that address. It is insured to that address also.

Is there a Portuguese equivalent of DVLA where I can notify change of address ( am in process of moving ) ?

I have, of course, emailed the dealer, but no reply. I have also asked the insurer but also no reply to that question.
Old Mar 5th 2024, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

1Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notifying Portugal's 'DVLA' of change of address ?

https://irn.justica.gov.pt/Noticias-...tualizar-o-DUA
Old Mar 5th 2024, 1:26 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for trying to assist - but the link is in relation to the Carta~o do Cidada~o.

I do not have one of these ( I assume one has to be a Port. national - a cidada~o - to have one.

There must be a DVLA type register of vehicles' owners' addresses ??
Old Mar 5th 2024, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riv
Thanks for trying to assist - but the link is in relation to the Carta~o do Cidada~o.

I do not have one of these ( I assume one has to be a Port. national - a cidada~o - to have one.

There must be a DVLA type register of vehicles' owners' addresses ??
https://www.automovelonline.mj.pt/AutoOnlineProd/
Old Mar 6th 2024, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

NSG666 is a jewel in the roughNSG666 is a jewel in the roughNSG666 is a jewel in the roughNSG666 is a jewel in the roughNSG666 is a jewel in the rough

This might help:
Moving to a new home - ePortugal.gov.pt