NOS internet

Old Jan 13th 2019, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Andy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NOS internet

Hi all, we are currently in the UK and want to try and get NOS fixed internet in Portugal - segunda casa fibra net. It's hard going on the phone - we know we need to email proof of home ownership... but the language barrier was insurmountable and I've got the wrong NOS email address written down - bounces straight back. I've tried registering on NOS's own forums but the security text they're supposed to send me to confirm registration isn't coming through on my UK mobile. Been transferred a few times, currently been on hold about 30 minutes.. but it is sunday I suppose.
So - does anybody have a NOS customer services email they could share?!
Old Jan 13th 2019, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOS internet

Hi

You could put into Google " NOS customer services email " and get the result below.

Peter
E-mail: ir@nos.pt ... About Investor Relations Department ... For further information on NOS' products and services, please refer to the following customer support ...
So that our customers can have the fastest, safest and most innovative service on the market, we have combined into a single robust and integrated structure all ...
Our clients know they can rely on us because they know that on the other side they have the best customer service, the one that provides them with all the ...
Translate this page
Jul 11, 2016 - Descubra a comunidade, conte com a ajuda de outros clientes e partilhe o seu conhecimento sobre televisão, internet e telemóvel.Saiba mais ...
Old Jan 13th 2019, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Andy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond repute

Google! Doh! I did try that actually, found that page, and wasn't sure I'd be classed as an investor. I think I'll have to have another go with the call centre in the week. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 5:16 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

It is not a direct answer to your question but ~is there any desperate need to sort this prior to your arrival in Portugal ?

I suspect it would be much much easier to go to a NÓS retail outlet and speak to one of the assistants there. In my experience virtually all Portuguese young people, and educated people of all ages, speak excellent English ( I kind of wish they didn't, as I am supposed to be fluent in Portuguese, but I still find myself ending up speaking English or a mixture, lol. ' Desculpe ~ não percebi ' is sadly one of my most used phrases. )

While waiting for installation there are the portable WIFI solutions for a week or two ?
Old Jan 20th 2019, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. We did go into NOS in Lagos - they were hugely helpful - during our october visit and got a 14 day SIM and discussed a contract but it does seem to take a couple of weeks to sort.
I am kind of hoping I can arrange it from here, but it may be easier to either let our management company deal with it or wait until we can go into a physical shop next time we're out there.
Cheers
Old Jan 21st 2019, 4:39 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I also got a 15 day NO'S KANGURU sim for Euros 15 in October.

The small leaflet with it tells you how to recharge it .

I was a bit sceptical that it would still work but here I am on the internet courtesy of having recharged it at a Multibanco machine today . Assuming you have the note of what your Kanguru number IS this is something you could do at the airport on arrival - then you have 15 days' internet immediately available from your first day.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Would never go near NOS ever again, horrible company to deal with! Very happy with Vodafone now
Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Karmal123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some advice please, who is the best internet provider around Lagos and the easiest to deal with. I will be work8ng from home and need a really good broadband provider.
I will also be making a lot of calls to the UK and receiving calls as I will be running my business so what is the best way to do this. If I keep my current UK mobile I can call at normal rates but anyone calling me from there it will be expensive.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

The best internet provider will depends on where you buy in the Lagos area.

In the town centre and immediate environs you may have a choice between meo, vodafone (fibreoptic/adsl) , nos (cable/broadband over mobile 3G/4G ) or nowo (cable).

I lived in Lagos for many years until I moved up to nearer Lisbon last year.

Finding the right provider for clients was always a challenge as certain operators only cabled up certain areas.

You best be is Meo!

However, make sure that any estate agent you deal with provides you with written confirmation of what broadband data services (ISP's) are available in any specific property you are interested in.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

k2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barlaventoexpert
The best internet provider will depends on where you buy in the Lagos area.
Very true. We are on the Meia Praia side of Lagos, and over here NOS is currently the only supplier who can provide reasonably fast internet - around 130 Mbit/sec over cable. The other suppliers can only provide much slower ADSL at the moment. They are supposed to be laying fibre here soon, and when they do there will be more choice. We are happy with the NOS offering - it is much better than we ever had in the UK.

I arranged my Internet via a third party reseller in Lagos, the lady there spoke fluent English, was super helpful and knew the pros and cons of all the different suppliers. The deal was the same as if I had gone direct.