Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Nice Atlantic coast Beaches

Nice Atlantic coast Beaches

Old Aug 10th 2017, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice Atlantic coast Beaches

Originally Posted by EMR
Most of these regs should apply to all campervanners, what ever their nationality or political views.
Let's add, it would not be an offence for graffiti artists to practice on any van not parked overnight on a legal site.😁
Once all the regulation signage is up I am not sure there will be space for graffiti!
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

I think you guys, and gals have very sad lives, worrying about money all the time and sitting at home looking for something to moan about. You complained about me living in the wrong country, well you have it the wrong way around. Portugal is a place for living life without worrying about every penny/cent. Unless you live in what I have seen of the Algarve, which was little rich man's Britain/Holland Germany.

Up here I see people here walking/sitting and enjoying themselves in the sunshine, listening to live music in the square, having a relaxing beer or coffee with their friends and families. I think of you people staring at your screens just hoping to find some bad news. Your regular 10 postings on the Post Brexit whinging forum, gleefully reporting some pessimistic news item you have found.

Life is too short to be doing this, go out and see life.

Yes I live a simple life here, which I really enjoy, I also have another life in Isaan, where I live, the poorest part of Thailand and I use my time and money to try to make a small difference to some lives there.

So, Instead of picketing my house and being a physical nuisance too, I invite you people to come out to Thailand or Laos and I will find you something useful to do.

Or failing that look for good news...and when you have, tell your friends.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:17 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllanB
I think you guys, and gals have very sad lives, worrying about money all the time and sitting at home looking for something to moan about. You complained about me living in the wrong country, well you have it the wrong way around. Portugal is a place for living life without worrying about every penny/cent. Unless you live in what I have seen of the Algarve, which was little rich man's Britain/Holland Germany.

Up here I see people here walking/sitting and enjoying themselves in the sunshine, listening to live music in the square, having a relaxing beer or coffee with their friends and families. I think of you people staring at your screens just hoping to find some bad news. Your regular 10 postings on the Post Brexit whinging forum, gleefully reporting some pessimistic news item you have found.

Life is too short to be doing this, go out and see life.

Yes I live a simple life here, which I really enjoy, I also have another life in Isaan, where I live, the poorest part of Thailand and I use my time and money to try to make a small difference to some lives there.

So, Instead of picketing my house and being a physical nuisance too, I invite you people to come out to Thailand or Laos and I will find you something useful to do.

Or failing that look for good news...and when you have, tell your friends.
I was in Laos a few months ago, a country being exploited by the Chinese, Thais and Vietnamese.
But despite this and decades of warfare, 3 million tonnes of bombs dropped on Laos by the US, the Laotians have a enviable attitude to life .
No one is going to picket your house, we are not vanners, a community surely you would have no problems in using your facilities for nothing.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
I was in Laos a few months ago, a country being exploited by the Chinese, Thais and Vietnamese.
But despite this and decades of warfare, 3 million tonnes of bombs dropped on Laos by the US, the Laotians have a enviable attitude to life .
No one is going to picket your house, we are not vanners, a community surely you would have no problems in using your facilities for nothing.
GenieB Said "You could always go camp outside Alan's house in the UK EMR. He will be happy to provide you with free electricity,water,and the use of his toilets. You read it here."
You replied "No doubt he will welcome all and sundry to abuse his land and facilities as members of the same travelling community.
Sounds like Picketing to me, in fact that is putting it mildly.

Now you are painting me as a "Vanner" (a gypsy) using other people's electricity, water and toilets. I do none of these things, so the whole story and image you paint is false, like everything you "report". <I have snipped the personal attack, this is not tolerated>

The real picture is that we park our campervan in appropriate, mostly designated locations, as hundreds of thousands of fellow campers do. We don't use (steal) any electricity, or water, the toilets we use belong to the restaurants/supermarkets we use and we leave these sites exactly as we find them. So a lesson for you in camping, not that you have the ability to learn anything.

..and what do you do to help the locals when you were in Laos, exploited their cheap labour? Besides, the main problem there now is not foreign exploitation it is the locals, systematically stealing half their wages. You are doing it again, reading the headlines and think you know it all. Plus, this "enviable attitude to life" didn't rub off on you then?

Hardly worth the trip then, although plenty of this bad news to gleefully pass on.

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 10th 2017 at 5:24 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Coffeeman, Couldn't PM you for some reason, but thanks for the info.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:24 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllanB
GenieB Said "You could always go camp outside Alan's house in the UK EMR. He will be happy to provide you with free electricity,water,and the use of his toilets. You read it here."
You replied "No doubt he will welcome all and sundry to abuse his land and facilities as members of the same travelling community.
Sounds like Picketing to me, in fact that is putting it mildly.

Now you are painting me as a "Vanner" (a gypsy) using other people's electricity, water and toilets. I do none of these things, so the whole story and image you paint is false, like everything you "report". You on the other are a miserable ignorant git...

The real picture is that we park our campervan in appropriate, mostly designated locations, as hundreds of thousands of fellow campers do. We don't use (steal) any electricity, or water, the toilets we use belong to the restaurants/supermarkets we use and we leave these sites exactly as we find them. So a lesson for you in camping, not that you have the ability to learn anything.

..and what do you do to help the locals when you were in Laos, exploited their cheap labour? Besides, the main problem there now is not foreign exploitation it is the locals, systematically stealing half their wages. You are doing it again, reading the headlines and think you know it all. Plus, this "enviable attitude to life" didn't rub off on you then?

Hardly worth the trip then, although plenty of this bad news to gleefully pass on.
Mega Chinese hotels being built, golf courses for Koreans,
Roads being driven through farmland with the farmers displaced. Chinese dams being built on the rivers,
A super Chinese railway planned through, Laos, Cambodia with a link through Thailand.
We saw the route being surveyed.
There are not headlines but what is happening in Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.
As you say Portugal is being spared this sort of exploitation for now.

Do you pay to use the toilets or the water you take.

Do you take your crap home with you .
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

OK folks that is enough. You will go around in circles forever and all it will lead to is more aggression and personal attacks.

Thread closed.

Rosemary