Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

NHS COVID Vaccination Certificate ? Useful in Portugal ?

NHS COVID Vaccination Certificate ? Useful in Portugal ?

Old Jul 16th 2021, 8:09 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default NHS COVID Vaccination Certificate ? Useful in Portugal ?

Can anyone advise from experience as to the usefulness or otherwise of the NHS issued Covid Vaccination Certificate ( whether the 'phone App or the paper equivalent ) in Portugal ?

Is it looked at on arrival at airports ? Or on entering restaurants, galleries, etc.. ?

If it is disregarded / regarded as irrelevant.............what then in terms of access to the country itself and / or venues within ?
Old Jul 16th 2021, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS COVID Vaccination Certificate ? Useful in Portugal ?

BORIS is supposed to be sorting this out with EU so that travel in both directions is possible from next week as well as other aspects.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by riv
Can anyone advise from experience as to the usefulness or otherwise of the NHS issued Covid Vaccination Certificate ( whether the 'phone App or the paper equivalent ) in Portugal ?

Is it looked at on arrival at airports ? Or on entering restaurants, galleries, etc.. ?

If it is disregarded / regarded as irrelevant.............what then in terms of access to the country itself and / or venues within ?
It is "looked at" on arrival ( I have both but presented the paper version issued by the NHS) along with the pre departure covid test. Without evidence of vaccinationit my understanding is that you would be required to quarantine (unless you are under 18 travelling with vaccinated adult/s).

I think I remember reading that you also might have difficulty with hotels/accomodation since they may be required to ask for evidence of guests vaccination status.

I haven't got to the bottom of/haven't yet tried the restaurants part yet but "vaccination status" or testing is certainly part of the regime!
Old Jul 16th 2021, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

If second jab received within last 14 days, 14 days isolation needed plus registration with SEF. We're having second jab next Tuesday and flying Wednesday so will have to isolate
Old Jul 16th 2021, 1:29 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajmandon
I haven't got to the bottom of/haven't yet tried the restaurants part yet but "vaccination status" or testing is certainly part of the regime!
Only in the case of concelhos designated high / very high risk.

And even there, not if you occupy an outdoor table.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

NataHH is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest info from the visit Portugal website
https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal
Old Jul 27th 2021, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone got the Covid Pass to travel from the NHS in the UK and used it in Portugal?
Old Jul 27th 2021, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
Has anyone got the Covid Pass to travel from the NHS in the UK and used it in Portugal?
We flew in last Wednesday and were asked about vaccination, just showed the cards we were given at vaccination centre.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GrahamF
We flew in last Wednesday and were asked about vaccination, just showed the cards we were given at vaccination centre.
Well, we both have one of those.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
Well, we both have one of those.
I wouldn’t rely on that. I think Graham got lucky. Strictly you should either have the NHS app to show your U.K. vaccination, or the paper copy certificate that you can request be posted to you, either by calling 119 or by applying here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...d-pass-letter/
Old Jul 27th 2021, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mac and Mabel
I wouldn’t rely on that. I think Graham got lucky. Strictly you should either have the NHS app to show your U.K. vaccination, or the paper copy certificate that you can request be posted to you, either by calling 119 or by applying here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...d-pass-letter/
Can you get the app and the letter or is it one or the other?
Old Jul 27th 2021, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Register online for it. It's pretty easy. I'm a complete luddite and managed it and I had to go through NHS Wales!
Old Jul 27th 2021, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shanorme
Register online for it. It's pretty easy. I'm a complete luddite and managed it and I had to go through NHS Wales!
Tried that but NH Wales say have to wait 2 weeks before it's available for printing, we only had second jab day before flying. When out of isolation, will register UK jabs with Centro de Saude and hopefully get an EU certificate.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was available the same day, within a few hours and I did it from Portugal. I had however, waited about 3 weeks after my 2nd jab before I registered online for it.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 6:34 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrahamF

Did you also have to show proof of a Negative Test ? Or was the NHS card sufficient to gain entry ?

And what about boarding the plane in the Uk ( ?Ryanair ? ). Just the NHS card, not a Covid test result ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.