Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

NHS Covid Pass Verifier

NHS Covid Pass Verifier

Old Sep 20th 2021, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

offthepiste is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS Covid Pass Verifier

for your amusement ...... as per a previous post we have discovered that the QR Covid vaccination certificate codes generated by the NHS Health App do not work when scanned by the Portuguese Health Service app to validate entry to a restaurant or hotel - as is required by law (Saturday & Sunday).

I found a support page on the NHS App and sent them a message today ... and got a response back almost immediately ... also a response written by a human being... which explained the solution.

Basically, the NHS have spend money on another world beating App that will permit restauranteurs and hoteliers in Portugal to scan the the NHS code to confirm vaccinations.

However, somewhat unsurprisingly no one has thought about the local Portuguese regulations which require the use of the Portuguese App and not some third (world!) app from the UK.

I did try to download in to try scanning my code to see if it worked ... and also found it can only be downloaded onto UK iPhones - not possible with Portuguese (or US) iPhones!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, having downloaded it to my UK iPhone - found ...... it does not recognise my barcode anyway...

What a shambles... have responded to their response ... lets see what happens
Old Sep 20th 2021, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

NataHH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NHS Covid Pass Verifier

I am surprised that they do not accept a paper version which the NHS sends, upon request, to your UK address. If SEF at Faro Airport accepts them why can't the restaurants do the same unless they only want EU residents.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NataHH
I am surprised that they do not accept a paper version which the NHS sends, upon request, to your UK address. If SEF at Faro Airport accepts them why can't the restaurants do the same unless they only want EU residents.
I think we will request the paper copy from the NHS for our return in October.

And also to download our vaccination details on the Portuguese Saude Covid app. Otherwise may have to get 2 additional vaccinations here in Portugal!!!
Old Sep 20th 2021, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Just eat at home at the weekend, problem solved 👍
Old Sep 20th 2021, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chislenko
Just eat at home at the weekend, problem solved 👍
Yup, that's what we have been doing. However, if things take a turn for the worst post October I could see the requirements to show certificates being possibly extended to other evenings and other venues... so would like to get it sorted.