Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

new start in portugal?

new start in portugal?

Old May 9th 2007, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

dalebolton is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile new start in portugal?

hi all first post so try and bear with me.
Me and my wife are relocating to portugal very shortly.My company is opening a factory near villamora, We manufacture glass curtains to enclose terraces or balconies, hope we will get plenty of work there? But we can't find anything for long term lets.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 9th 2007, 7:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new start in portugal?

Originally Posted by dalebolton
Me and my wife are relocating to portugal very shortly.My company is opening a factory near villamora, We manufacture glass curtains to enclose terraces or balconies, hope we will get plenty of work there? But we can't find anything for long term lets.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum .... sure someone will be along to help you soon
Old May 9th 2007, 9:06 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Ola Dale
Welcome from me.
You could try Winkworth,they are agents in that area and I believe deal in rentals.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:52 pm
Time is always a problem

jogl will become famous soon enoughjogl will become famous soon enough

Are you talking about glass balustrades?
Old May 10th 2007, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

I mean a frameless glass system that closes off wind, rain and dust from terraces and balconies.So you can use your'e terrace or balcony all year round and no wind.
Thanks for your'e response
Old May 11th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Torgut is an unknown quantity at this point

Vilamoura is where I'm currently living. You see, there isn't a culture of renting homes in Portugal. That's why you may hard to find something suitable. Naturaly that there are a few apartments and villas in the market for long term rental, but it's something out of local customs.

Are you looking for a villa or an apartment?
Old May 14th 2007, 10:45 am
Just Joined

tks we are looking for an apartment i am quite sure 2 beds, not even that fussy on location just anywhere in the general location
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:14 am
Just Joined

radleydm is an unknown quantity at this point

When will you be in business here? I am looking to enclose a terrace in my house near Almancil which is "just down the road" from Vilamoura.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Brenda789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Welcome to the forum .... sure someone will be along to help you soon
Hi there

I am also looking to move abroad to Portugal. There is a small fishing village called Olhos de Agua and it is a 15 min drive from Vilamoura there are plenty of apartments there, go to Shaskers Bar and ask for Danny he will be able to sort you out with something I am sure!

I am a nurse and looking for work in the Albufeira area. Do you know if it is possible to work in the International Clinic in Albufeira and not speak portugeuse, or do u know of any other british clinics or nursing homes it would be possible to work in without knowing the language?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks
Brenda
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

radleydm is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure about the hospital in Albufeira but try the family medical centres at Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago (doctors Kaiser and Thomson respectively). They cater almost exclusively for non-portuguese. tel numbers 289 353 433 and 289 398 411 (respectively).
There is also the Hospital Particular at Alvor 282 457 516.
Good luck
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Get the free papers and things like 123. ocasiao, etc., they always have ads. for rental properties.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Odd Balls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, do you know any dates yet? OB
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:20 am
Just Joined

ann1nurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brenda789
Hi there

I am also looking to move abroad to Portugal. There is a small fishing village called Olhos de Agua and it is a 15 min drive from Vilamoura there are plenty of apartments there, go to Shaskers Bar and ask for Danny he will be able to sort you out with something I am sure!

I am a nurse and looking for work in the Albufeira area. Do you know if it is possible to work in the International Clinic in Albufeira and not speak portugeuse, or do u know of any other british clinics or nursing homes it would be possible to work in without knowing the language?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks
Brenda
Hi Brenda.

I also am hoping to relocate to portugal (olhos de agua), I also am a nurse (how strange is that), however I don't think i can continue to nurse due to the language barrier unfortunately.

I do continue to look for work, I am prepared to work ie cleaning, bar work anything really as i feel the lifestyle will compensate, I would be delighted if you let me know how you get on.

I wish you lots of luck in your search.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Razzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I reply on three subjects. Firstly, we too are contemplating a relocation to the Vilamoura area, me being a Graphic Designer with plenty of commercial experience. Job-wise I've got a meeting with a medium/large design studio in the area, when we're down at our existing property for three weeks after the 24th. Just getting a feel for the opportunities - either working for a studio inhouse, freelancing and getting some of my own clients. Although there is no large industry/commerce in the area it seems to be quite a 'graphic-rich' environment. Does anyone know of any companies looking for a designer? I'm learning the Language (slowly).
Also getting information on schools - private v. state. What are people's feelings and recommendations on the best?

Also, our own property may be available , unless we sell it in the meantime? Please let me know if you're interested.
I'll keep checking the forum and be in touch.

Last edited by jdr; Jul 15th 2007 at 7:55 pm. Reason: No advertising policy on the forum, thanks.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Baltazarsam will become famous soon enoughBaltazarsam will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: new start in portugal?

Hello All

My partner and I are due to move to Portugal in October coming. We are selling our UK home and will have sufficent funds, etc. My question is can we get a portuguese mortgage for a house we've seen, without having to get jobs, as financially we won't need to as we intend becoming self-employed, bla bla. Usually they ask for payslips and all that jazz but with leaving uk for good this wouldn't be relevant would it?

A huge thanks fo your anticipated response

Baltazarsam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.