Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New Ryanair requirement to fly?

New Ryanair requirement to fly?

Old Nov 25th 2021, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Ryanair requirement to fly?

Interesting. In recent weeks Have flown Ryanair returns to France and to UK from Italy. I used only my digital boarding pass. On France trip I did bag drop and got the tickets which says my docs were checked at bag drop. On UK trip all my docs were checked in the Ryanair Priority queue at the gate as I had only carry on.
(On return from UK to Italy, Italy passport control guy didn't even check my EU residency document; I just started to say that I am resident and he waved me through)

Last edited by campos; Nov 25th 2021 at 8:48 am.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

and just to add to the fun - https://www.theportugalnews.com/news...assenger/63780
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add even more to the fun looks as if a neg test will be required again even if fully jabbed.
"Portugal has announced it will reimpose coronavirus restrictions to stop a surge in cases, despite having one of the world's highest vaccination rates.

The move comes less than two months after it scrapped most of its COVID measures after reaching its goal of vaccinating. 86% of the population.

From 1 December, all passengers flying into the country will be ordered to show a negative test certificate on arrival.

Fully vaccinated people must also present proof of a negative COVID test to enter nightclubs, bars, large events and care homes, while the EU digital certificate will be required for hotels, gyms and restaurants indoors."

Taken from Sky news this morning.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

How depressing. How does one get the EU digital certificate. I had an NHS app to show two vaccines and guess what, it only showed one jab.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 8:51 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine restrictions will soon be ramped up again ( in Portugal as well as UK ) in consequence of this newly discovered strain in S. Africa.

All flights from Southern Africa into UK stopped at the moment. I am guessing that if Portugal does not restrict flights from Angola and Mozambique then flights from Portugal might also be subject to new restriction in the UK ?

Old Nov 26th 2021, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bons
How depressing. How does one get the EU digital certificate. I had an NHS app to show two vaccines and guess what, it only showed one jab.
My NHS app now shows that I have had 2 vaccinations plus now my booster. All of course given in the UK as I am a UK resident and so have the NHS covid certificate.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

A diagnostic test with a negative result will be mandatory for all passengers flying to Portugal. Air lines will be fined 20,000 Euros for each passenger they allow on the plane without a negative test.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

I hope an antigen swab is ok (not only pcr)
Old Nov 26th 2021, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

The EU one in Spain only shows the date of the second. It does say you have had 2 though
Old Nov 26th 2021, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

The post from Chislenko referring to sky news presents the current situation which has not changed for maybe 2 months, but with the new nasty variant it may change very soon. However, right now the situation is that if you are double jabbed and the second jab was at least 14 days ago (versus date of flight) you do not need a test before you fly. However, if you are not double jabbed you need a fit to fly test or a certificate that you have had covid and recovered. I am going to create anew new thread for an update on Ryanair.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fergus
The post from Chislenko referring to sky news presents the current situation which has not changed for maybe 2 months, but with the new nasty variant it may change very soon. However, right now the situation is that if you are double jabbed and the second jab was at least 14 days ago (versus date of flight) you do not need a test before you fly. However, if you are not double jabbed you need a fit to fly test or a certificate that you have had covid and recovered. I am going to create anew new thread for an update on Ryanair.
Update from UK government. Just had it emailed to me now. All passengers entering Portugal must have a negative covid test as well as the covid vaccination certificate.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

I believe this is the latest - it was updated today, 26th November. Test required from 1st December, until then, if you are double jabbed, you do not need at a test,

Measures Implemented in Portugal
[Updated on november 26th]1) Arriving to Portugal by Plane

MAINLAND Portugal

ALLOWED (Essential and non-essential travel)
Countries of the European Union, Schengen Associated countries (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland), Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, South Korea, Jordan, Kuwait, New Zealand, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Ukraine, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America and special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao
  •  
    •  
      •  
        • RT-PCR Test (or similar NAAT test) - 72h before boarding, or
          Rapid Antigen Test - 48h before boarding, or
          a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate, or
          a valid Vaccination or recovery certificate issued by a third country, under reciprocal conditions: Albania, Andorra, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Israel, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Morocco, Monaco, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine, The Vatican.
        • Children under 12 do not need to present test.
        • All passengers need to fill a Passenger Locator Card (individually) before departure to Portugal or on board at https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/p...r-locator-card
From December 1st
  •  
    •  
      •  
        • Mandatory negative test for all flights arriving in Portugal, even for those who have a digital vaccination certificate, regardless of the point of origin of the flight or the passenger's nationality.
        • This measure applies to air, land, sea and river border

Here is a link https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal