Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Old May 28th 2021, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Typical....I have registered as resident, and have bit of paper with QR code, but will be in UK from mid June....no idea when I will return to Portugal.....presume this offer from Camara will only last for a month or 2....
Old May 30th 2021, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wellinever
Typical....I have registered as resident, and have bit of paper with QR code, but will be in UK from mid June....no idea when I will return to Portugal.....presume this offer from Camara will only last for a month or 2....
When did you get your QR code? I'm just wondering how long it took for them to give you an appointment.
Old May 30th 2021, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
When did you get your QR code? I'm just wondering how long it took for them to give you an appointment.
Wrong end of stick Bons - when you make your application online for the new card on the Brexit SEF site, there is the possibility to print a receipt/letter which has on it the QR code to confirm you have asked for the Biometric appointment which will happen sometime in the distant future when SEF sorts out its current difficulties/re-organisation. None of us have had appointments yet !!!
Old May 30th 2021, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Wrong end of stick Bons - when you make your application online for the new card on the Brexit SEF site, there is the possibility to print a receipt/letter which has on it the QR code to confirm you have asked for the Biometric appointment which will happen sometime in the distant future when SEF sorts out its current difficulties/re-organisation. None of us have had appointments yet !!!
Wellinever asked if the offer would last for more than 2 months, I assumed he had an appointment.
Old May 31st 2021, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
Wellinever asked if the offer would last for more than 2 months, I assumed he had an appointment.
No, I dont have an appointment. I meant how long would any local camara be the place to go, because I will be out of Portugal from mid June..............camara would be easy, but a visit to my local SEF was always shambolic.
Old May 31st 2021, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
No, I dont have an appointment. I meant how long would any local camara be the place to go, because I will be out of Portugal from mid June..............camara would be easy, but a visit to my local SEF was always shambolic.
You will probably find that by the time you come back ,the Camara appointments (that is if they do not change the whole thing anyway because of the SEF shake-up!) will be over and done with, and you and other late-comers for whatever reason (absence, illness, late-registration, new visa-based arrivals) will have to present themselves at a SEF office ... That seems to be the plan at the moment.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

sam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the rough

I see SEF has just extended the deadline to Dec 2021 (instead of 30th June 2021) for UK nationals to register for the new residence permits - https://brexit.sef.pt/en/guia/
In case it helps anyone!
Old Jun 8th 2021, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam349
I see SEF has just extended the deadline to Dec 2021 (instead of 30th June 2021) for UK nationals to register for the new residence permits - https://brexit.sef.pt/en/guia/
In case it helps anyone!
That is an eagle eye! :-)
"The registration to exchange you residence document on this Portal will be open until at least the end of December 2021.Thereafter you will need to schedule an appointment directly with SEF to exchange your residence documentation."
Old Jun 8th 2021, 1:09 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Damn - that means I've got a longer wait if I want to leave it till the last minute.

I thought I was almost there.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

sam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the rough

Old Oct 13th 2021, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Jlindon is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone actually received email to schedule appointment at Town Halls to exchange residency card yet?
It,s been taking a long time since we get our QR codes and beginning to wonder this won’t happen during 2021.
Guess we will continue to have to carry those A4 papers for foreseeable future. 😅
Old Oct 13th 2021, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jlindon
Has anyone actually received email to schedule appointment at Town Halls to exchange residency card yet?
It,s been taking a long time since we get our QR codes and beginning to wonder this won’t happen during 2021.
Guess we will continue to have to carry those A4 papers for foreseeable future. 😅
I don't think they have started appointments yet and when they do it will be at a SEF Office. You have to have PATIENCE!
Old Oct 13th 2021, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

This was the last update I saw https://www.afpop.com/en/afpop-lates...1?aid=144&bx=1
Old Oct 13th 2021, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

So I don't understand why you are asking forum members.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
So I don't understand why you are asking forum members.
Me? I wasn't asking, I was providing some info to the person who had asked?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.