Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Old Apr 22nd 2021, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Still waiting to go to Camara for appointment for SEF biometric details for replacement for A4 Residencia - to get new card. This really is getting rather long - application made early December.
Not one person has been yet

Why get stressed?

We haven't even made the application yet

😂😂😂
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

As I said before, this is Portugal. Don't expect things to move too fast.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:01 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingg
...We haven't even made the application yet

😂😂😂
Nor me.

Still waiting for the application system to bed in a bit. I don't trust these new processes until all the bugs have been ironed out.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 7:51 am
Banned

sleazeyUK.21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for temporary residency before 12/20, but on the due day the Mayor wasn't there to complete the process, so I'm wondering where I stand now, especially with the closures during the pandemic.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 11:02 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sleazeyUK.21
I applied for temporary residency before 12/20, but on the due day the Mayor wasn't there to complete the process, so I'm wondering where I stand now, especially with the closures during the pandemic.
Have you remained in Portugal since then?
Old Apr 24th 2021, 8:03 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Have you remained in Portugal since then?
No, but left after 2020 in the pandemic, so I'm hoping evidence that I was there before, including all the day to day bills, might mean that I don't have to Go-to-Jail-do-not-pass-Go-or-collect-£200 and start all over again.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 9:24 am
Polished expat

No, but left after 2020 in the pandemic, so I'm hoping evidence that I was there before, including all the day to day bills, might mean that I don't have to Go-to-Jail-do-not-pass-Go-or-collect-£200 and start all over again.
And how was it left at the Câmara?

Were you to revisit to pick up the certificate when issued, or was it just go away, come back and ask again when the right person's here to sign it?

Those certificates couldn't be issued to UK citizens after 31st Dec. Having one would probably considerably ease your next required process, but it's not the be-all and end-all.

Are you intending a full relocation or is it going to be a half and half arrangement?
Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:44 am
Banned

Post Re: New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

And how was it left at the Câmara?
Were you to revisit to pick up the certificate when issued, or was it just go away, come back and ask again when the right person's here to sign it?
Those certificates couldn't be issued to UK citizens after 31st Dec. Having one would probably considerably ease your next required process, but it's not the be-all and end-all.
Are you intending a full relocation or is it going to be a half and half arrangement?
It was left that I'd return another day, then the pandemic hit. I'm more or less now resigned to starting all over again, unless someone filed the papers. It can't be half and half now; 90 days continuous max/ 180 per cycle, and visas from next year.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:55 am
Polished expat

I think it depends.

If you can demonstrate that you were in the process of moving lock, stock and barrel and that you had established a base here prior to the end of the transition period, you might be able to obtain one of the new residence cards without being the holder of a previous residence document, provided you hadn't already exceeded the period of absence allowable under the definition of continuous residence.
Old May 6th 2021, 5:42 am
Polished expat

Confirmation of the above :

and / or

Brexit - protect your rights : FAQS

Last edited by Red Eric; May 6th 2021 at 5:45 am.
Old May 6th 2021, 9:10 am
Banned

Confirmation of the above :

and / or

Brexit - protect your rights : FAQS
Thanks, done.
Now for "the wait" - PT style
Old May 6th 2021, 1:06 pm
Polished expat

Thanks, done.
Now for "the wait" - PT style

Good luck.

I'll be interested to know how that process goes.
Old May 28th 2021, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a update from UK Embassy.
From end of June, SEF/SEA is expected to start sending email invitation for bio card appointments with Camara.

There are some 19K UK nationals with CRUE that have not registered for new bio card.
Deadline for registration is end of June. However, that is not end of road, those who haven't register for bio card by end of June (when web portal close),
will have to contact SEF/SEA directly and get bio card process done in SEF, instead of Camara.

For those who didnt manage to get CRUE before end of last year, but were resident and fall under WA, they have to email SEF requesting to be register and provide supporting docs.
Once SEF approve their application, they will receive email confirmation with details on how to get bio card. If they are approved before end of June, they will be able to register for
bio card on existing brexit SEF portal and complete process in Camara.
Old May 28th 2021, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EU.flag
From end of June, SEF/SEA is expected to start sending email invitation for bio card appointments with Camara.

There are some 19K UK nationals with CRUE that have not registered for new bio card.
Deadline for registration is end of June. However, that is not end of road, those who haven't register for bio card by end of June (when web portal close),
will have to contact SEF/SEA directly and get bio card process done in SEF, instead of Camara.

For those who didnt manage to get CRUE before end of last year, but were resident and fall under WA, they have to email SEF requesting to be register and provide supporting docs.
Once SEF approve their application, they will receive email confirmation with details on how to get bio card. If they are approved before end of June, they will be able to register for
Old May 28th 2021, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EU.flag

I just found out all of that, they had a Q & A yesterday and I missed it. You can watch a recording of it on the British Embassy Facebook page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.