Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Old Mar 5th 2021, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Originally Posted by Red Eric
I'm no expert but looking beneath the lid of what might appear to be good sense solutions, I suspect lurks the spectre of data protection issues. What we see as "the government" is made up of separate departments, most of which possibly do not (and can not, by law) routinely share everything they hold on file about people between each other.

Just a theory.
I imagine your theory is correct, in fairness. Just not looking forward to having to schlep it over to god knows where to give it all again.

Any thoughts whether what I did is the end of the process, Red Eric?
Old Mar 5th 2021, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac and Mabel
I imagine your theory is correct, in fairness. Just not looking forward to having to schlep it over to god knows where to give it all again.

If you have a "letter" pdf with the application number , and your details with date and then QR code at the bottom and a 32 digit code ( letters and numbers ) all should be well
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:01 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac and Mabel
I have to confess that for various reasons, I haven't even started looking at the requirements yet so I'm totally unfamiliar with what's what. I've just spent several days trying to decipher a reconciliation bill for actual vs previously estimated water usage, going back to January last year, when the contract was shunted out of the local authority (where it had worked perfectly well) and into the hands of the regional water authority (since when it's been a complete shambles), for example.

I was holding back waiting for all you guinea pigs to discover the full range of features on the new residence permit application process before embarking on a review and taking the plunge.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone actually:
1) received an email from their local camara informing them of the appointment?
2) actually attended the appointment at the local camara?
3) received the biometric residency card? On that, did you receive it by post or personal pick up from local camara?
4) what is the time gap between the appointment and receiving the new card?

From the relevant extract from the SEF website (https://brexit.sef.pt/en/guia/ - see below in bold) has anyone heard / been notified that the biometric appointment at the local camara will be extended further beyond the Jun-end date? From my own personal dealings with those guys, I get a much more efficient service from the local camara than SEF.

Also does anyone know the deadline of when the exchange must be completed? Again from below, it implies that the appointments will continue in SEF indefinitely.

Apologies for the many questions, but the SEF site is not very clear on the detail."Appointments can be scheduled from 1 January 2021 onwards and will take place at a Town Hall (Câmara Municipal) that is offering this service near to of your residence area.
What is the deadline for exchange?The registration to exchange you residence document on this Portal will be open until at least the end of June 2021.

Thereafter you will need to schedule an appointment directly with SEF to exchange your residence documentation."

Old Mar 18th 2021, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Artfuldodger128
Also does anyone know the deadline of when the exchange must be completed? Again from below, it implies that the appointments will continue in SEF indefinitely.
There is no deadline for the exchange to be completed, only a deadline to register for it.
SEF have previously announced that all current registration certificates (CRUE) and resident's cards remain valid.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

19th Feb I asked by email to the SEF ([email protected]) if I could expect to hear about an appointment, having applied in December, and got this response - so waiting for "later" to happen ...
<Later SEF will notify you by email about scheduling an appointment to provide your biometric data (photo, signature and fingerprints) that will appear on your new residence permit.>
Old Mar 18th 2021, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Face to face SEF appointments at citizen stores are to resume from 19th April. Dont expect Camara's appointments before that date.
My personal choice would be to collect card in person and not to rely on post.
Non-EU residence cards are usually issued within 30 days at SEF offices, but Camara's could be quicker. They all use same SEF terminals and coffee machines.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EU.flag
Face to face SEF appointments at citizen stores are to resume from 19th April. Dont expect Camara's appointments before that date.
My personal choice would be to collect card in person and not to rely on post.
Non-EU residence cards are usually issued within 30 days at SEF offices, but Camara's could be quicker. They all use same SEF terminals and coffee machines.
As Rambling Archer pointed out you don't really know what will happen next , SEF will advise you ...I had an identical response as I had previously booked a renewal of my residence and once I applied and got the certificate I got an email telling me to cancel my appointment and wait for them to notify me when I can go for biometric data appointment.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mitzi2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

I contacted Lagos Camara today to see if I had to make an appointment to provide my biometric data and update my passport details. They said that at this time they do not have any information regarding the collection of biometric data for British Citizens and to contact SEF.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Jlindon is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone received an email to book appointment at local Town hall to get new residence permit?
Old Apr 21st 2021, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jlindon
Has anyone received an email to book appointment at local Town hall to get new residence permit?
This is not done at the town hall anymore, unless you are an EU citizen. Otherwise you need to apply via the SEF website.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

yevlondon is an unknown quantity at this point

"Appointments can be scheduled from 1 January 2021 onwards and will take place at a Town Hall (Câmara Municipal) that is offering this service near to of your residence area." https://brexit.sef.pt/en/guia/

i believe
Jlindon means exchange of CRUE to new residence permit, not new application. according to site above it is town hall who will be dealing with exchange.
i personally have not heard back after initial registration
Old Apr 21st 2021, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jlindon
No
Old Apr 21st 2021, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

no
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting to go to Camara for appointment for SEF biometric details for replacement for A4 Residencia - to get new card. This really is getting rather long - application made early December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.