Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Old Oct 20th 2021, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New residence permits for Brits in Pt before 31/12/20

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
https://www.dn.pt/politica/morte-do-...-14238050.html

In the middle of it all confirmation that the SEF has been killed off and the new Agência para as Migrações e Asilo (APMA), will come into force.
and
according to this quote (used Google Translate service) it will probably not be the Camaras we have to go to for the biometrics appointments but the IRN offices where the Portuguese go to obtain their passports.

<In addition to the APMA, the current administrative functions of the SEF - whose separation from the police was the main purpose of the government - are now also carried out "by the Institute of Registries and Notaries with regard to foreign citizens holding a residence permit (... ) as well as the issuance of passports ".>
Old Oct 20th 2021, 8:21 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

We do not currently have either residence permits or PT passports.

I see absolutely no reason why the original proposal - of dealing with the new Brexit WA documentation applications via Câmaras Municipais - can't work as originally envisaged, despite the reorg of SEF etc.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Me neither. Maybe it wasn't complicated enough.
Old Oct 21st 2021, 7:05 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J00ls
Me neither. Maybe it wasn't complicated enough.
(but not what I meant).
Old Nov 6th 2021, 12:55 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news...-backlog/63343
A little update...
Old Nov 25th 2021, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you BillBullock I missed the bit about having to authenticate the document. I did wonder what the QR Code was for.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:16 am
Polished expat

Originally Posted by BlackBeardie
Thank you BillBullock I missed the bit about having to authenticate the document. I did wonder what the QR Code was for.
Hmmmm......

Is that not an instruction for the immigration authorities to check that it's genuine, as opposed to something we need to do?
Old Feb 10th 2022, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Walesky28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Newbie here. I was just bumping up this thread because I am a bit worried that I have not been contacted by SEF yet and I wondered if it was the case for everyone else. Got my 5 year EU residencia in October 2020.

In January 2021, I duly complied with the directive and changed for the QR code format which I have been using since and I have travelled out and back into Portugal a few times since with no worries. SEF have not contacted me yet for a residency card appointment and I was wondering if I was missing anything- do I have to be proactive and try to contact SEF, or is everybody else just playing the waiting game still and wait till they make contact?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Walesky28; Feb 10th 2022 at 7:52 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

CamemBert is an unknown quantity at this point

You're not missing anything: SEF has not, to my knowledge, contacted anyone. I do wish they would get a move on.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 7:58 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

You get the following standard reply if you try to chase it up...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Once SEF starts the notifications you will receive an email about scheduling appointment to provide your biometric data (photo, signature and fingerprints) for the new residence permit.

The appointment will be held at a Town Hall that offers this service. You can choose a date and time for your appointment from the available slots in the Town Hall that is offering this service closest to your residence area.

You will also be able to manage your appointment by re-scheduling or cancelling it, if necessary.

Under the Withdrawal Agreement between the United Kingdom and the European Union, current residence EU documents will be accepted after 31 December 2020 and until the new residence permit is issued.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to go to our website: https://brexit.sef.pt/en/ or contact the Brexit line through the number +351 21 711 50 45, available every working day from 08:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.

Best regards,

SEF

Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras
Old Feb 10th 2022, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Walesky28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply. This has put my mind at rest. In the scheme of things, I got my 5 year residencia fairly late (2020) and it's already almost 2 years in- I bet there are some for whom the 5 years has already lapsed! Talk about warp speed service. Ha ha. Must not complain and be patient and keep waiting.

Thanks, much appreciated!
Old Feb 10th 2022, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

We applied before they even officially announced the QR code portal (it was live for about a week before they officially announced it) and we haven't heard anything yet. Take a ticket & wait, it's the Portuguese way
Old Sep 26th 2022, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Jlindon is an unknown quantity at this point

I received an email today to schedule the appointment for residence permit in Lisbon (SEF office, not the Townhall where I registered as a resident initially).
Its been almost 21 months since i received the QR code to downlaod!
I suppose I just need to book the appointment (October is the only month showing in the system), bring my passport (since renewed) and the A4 residency paper for the appointment. It doesn't say if i need to bring any other documents.
Has anyone received similar email and/or been to these kind of appointments lately? If so, can you share your experience. How long did you have to wait before you get your resident card and is it sent by mail or allow pick up in the office.
I am worried it might get lost.
Old Sep 26th 2022, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jlindon
I received an email today to schedule the appointment for residence permit in Lisbon (SEF office, not the Townhall where I registered as a resident initially).
Its been almost 21 months since i received the QR code to downlaod!
I suppose I just need to book the appointment (October is the only month showing in the system), bring my passport (since renewed) and the A4 residency paper for the appointment. It doesn't say if i need to bring any other documents.
Has anyone received similar email and/or been to these kind of appointments lately? If so, can you share your experience. How long did you have to wait before you get your resident card and is it sent by mail or allow pick up in the office.
I am worried it might get lost.
On FB someone posted the following list which they took as a printed piece of paper. Apparently went down well with people doing the process :Data for SEF appointment

It made the job of SEF so much easier

I put

Name

DoB

place of birth

Nationality

Passport no

Utente no

NIF no

Telephone no

Address here

Mother

Father

Old Sep 26th 2022, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Jlindon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! I've scheduled my appointment for late Oct. Let's see!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.