Reload this Page >

New Portuguese car

New Portuguese car

Old Jan 11th 2018, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Sailfree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Portuguese car

Buying a Portuguese registered car.

Q1.How do you register a UK licence in Portugal, We live in Nazare.

Q2. Is it better to exchange Uk licence for Portuguese one? Would that affect driving my UK cars when back in UK? At 72 I think I have to get a Dr to sign that I am capable to drive - is that easy or a special medical?
Old Jan 11th 2018, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Portuguese car

Originally Posted by Sailfree
Buying a Portuguese registered car.

Q1.How do you register a UK licence in Portugal, We live in Nazare.

Q2. Is it better to exchange Uk licence for Portuguese one? Would that affect driving my UK cars when back in UK? At 72 I think I have to get a Dr to sign that I am capable to drive - is that easy or a special medical?
Use the attached web of IMT to find local office there you can register your english licence and you will get a letter in Portuguese giving it validity until the next Portuguese change date is due , 75 years in your case I think but you need to check and you will need a medical.

http://www.imt-ip.pt/sites/IMTT/Port...saServico.aspx
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

You will also need an eye-test.

And if you're colour blind, more hoops to jump through.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...2017_final.pdf
Old Jan 15th 2018, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

When is your UK licence valid till? If you have a few years on it yet then just register your licence here, take your passport along with your Portuguese residency(temporary or permanent) to the IMTT and register it.
If you don't have much time left on UK licence then perhaps best to change to PT, you need a document from your PT doctor (Atestado Médico), take that along with licence and residency and change to PT licence. You will have to renew every 2 years, 74,76,78...

The above is assuming you are or will be resident, if not you don't have to register it here or change it.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by gedscottish
When is your UK licence valid till? If you have a few years on it yet then just register your licence here, take your passport along with your Portuguese residency(temporary or permanent) to the IMTT and register it.
If you don't have much time left on UK licence then perhaps best to change to PT, you need a document from your PT doctor (Atestado Médico), take that along with licence and residency and change to PT licence. You will have to renew every 2 years, 74,76,78...

The above is assuming you are or will be resident, if not you don't have to register it here or change it.

After 70 in UK, you need to renew licence every 3 years and complete a medical questionnaire.