New ID Card

Old Oct 27th 2022, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice
Default Re: New ID Card

Got mine yesterday too. I am in Silves (Messines) but I get Lisbon.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

My location pull down actually says Lisbon, Vale de Tejo, Alentejo. Is anyone doing anything about this anomaly? I have written SEF but not sure I will get an answer. It is all very disconcerting.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

SEF is in a real mess. So many people in the Algarve are getting invited to an interview in Lisbon, including my sister-in-law. Maybe I'm just lucky for a change but I gave up waiting for the SEF email and logged into the site, requested an interview, got the choice of 2 places in Faro (both in the Loja da Cidade), the first one gave me the 404 Error message and the second one gave me the November calendar for selection of a date. My wife and I now have adjacent times on the same afternoon. Apparently, you do not need to wait for the email now in the Faro area; you can start the process without the invitation.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting BillBullock. I'm near Tavira and Lisbon was the only option.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

sam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the rough

I'm in Tavira and only got appointments in Lisbon (for Dec). I saw people posted SEF's replies to complaints (people complaining to them "err, i live in Faro [or wherever], and you've given me Lisbon, and that's the only option"), and they basically said if you don't want to accept this, then wait / ignore it, and they'll make new (more local) appointments available 'soon' and will email you again in the coming [months]. I understand they're trying to see as many people as they can this year, and so it's just where they have availability i.e. the most SEF / officials, which is Lisbon. I'm conscious that it's taken them 2+ years to get to this stage and who knows when 'soon' will be to get a local appointment, so I will probably take the Lisbon appointment. Annoying, but it'll mean I finally get the (mythical) card in the next few weeks.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam349
I'm in Tavira and only got appointments in Lisbon (for Dec). I saw people posted SEF's replies to complaints (people complaining to them "err, i live in Faro [or wherever], and you've given me Lisbon, and that's the only option"), and they basically said if you don't want to accept this, then wait / ignore it, and they'll make new (more local) appointments available 'soon' and will email you again in the coming [months]. I understand they're trying to see as many people as they can this year, and so it's just where they have availability i.e. the most SEF / officials, which is Lisbon. I'm conscious that it's taken them 2+ years to get to this stage and who knows when 'soon' will be to get a local appointment, so I will probably take the Lisbon appointment. Annoying, but it'll mean I finally get the (mythical) card in the next few weeks.
I think I'll be taking the same approach.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute

I arrived back in the UK at 1.00 am this morning. Opened my email to show appointment only choice was Lisbon!!!!!!!!! I live in Tavira like many others and they want the whole Eastern Algarve to go to Lisbon. They are doing cards in Faro, Loule and Quarteira!!!!!!!!
Also Albufeira have to go to Lisbon! I think that we should all refuse. 20 or 30 km should be the limit, even Lagos is just about pushing it!
Old Oct 27th 2022, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by morro
I arrived back in the UK at 1.00 am this morning. Opened my email to show appointment only choice was Lisbon!!!!!!!!! I live in Tavira like many others and they want the whole Eastern Algarve to go to Lisbon. They are doing cards in Faro, Loule and Quarteira!!!!!!!!
Also Albufeira have to go to Lisbon! I think that we should all refuse. 20 or 30 km should be the limit, even Lagos is just about pushing it!
Nice idea but at this point I think many of us are just grateful for the opportunity to get that card.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 1:24 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the machine breaks down on your appointment day
Old Oct 27th 2022, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

sam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the rough

that would be the final straw! I'm hoping (naively) in the next 5 weeks of doing lots of them, they'll have got the system sorted out (and for it to be reliable...!).
Old Oct 27th 2022, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Looked again today and now no November dates first one was 22nd Dec.........a likely tale for me to go anywhere near Lisbon at Xmas
Why the big rush to get this card anyway??? I dont care if I never get one as long as the paper is valid.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
SEF is in a real mess. So many people in the Algarve are getting invited to an interview in Lisbon, including my sister-in-law. Maybe I'm just lucky for a change but I gave up waiting for the SEF email and logged into the site, requested an interview, got the choice of 2 places in Faro (both in the Loja da Cidade), the first one gave me the 404 Error message and the second one gave me the November calendar for selection of a date. My wife and I now have adjacent times on the same afternoon. Apparently, you do not need to wait for the email now in the Faro area; you can start the process without the invitation.
how do you log in to the site?
Old Oct 27th 2022, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sportpix
I take you haven't managed to make an appointment yet? I still haven't tried yet, but I;m not encouraged by someone saying appointments are taken up until December.
Old Oct 27th 2022, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sportpix
If you've got a QR code (you should!) - then go to: https://brexit.sef.pt/en/pedido/ Click on "Authentication", then username/password.. at the top of the page, look for a 'calculator' icon (it's meant to be a calendar.. )- click on it, then click on the box next to your name, click on calculator-icon again.. and book..

Lots more appointments (in Lisbon) have appeared tonight - late Nov / Dec. Just mentioning it in case...!
Old Oct 28th 2022, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got a QR code (you should!) - then go to: https://brexit.sef.pt/en/pedido/ Click on "Authentication", then username/password.. at the top of the page, look for a 'calculator' icon (it's meant to be a calendar.. )- click on it, then click on the box next to your name, click on calculator-icon again.. and book..

Lots more appointments (in Lisbon) have appeared tonight - late Nov / Dec. Just mentioning it in case...!
that’s exactly what I’ve been doing but after it asks me which location I want to go through I choose a date from a pull down box, click on a date but every time it says file or directory not found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.