Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

new EDP prices from jan 2023

new EDP prices from jan 2023

Old Nov 30th 2022, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new EDP prices from jan 2023

Originally Posted by 1Steve
It is not all doom and gloom, we are all going to be saved from corporate greed if you believe the press and politicians

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news...ing-soon/72481
https://www.portugal.gov.pt/en/gc23/...ritime-affairs

If you had worked in 'Lisbon University Higher Technical Institute' for a few decades you would know to take a large container of salt with you if talking with these ministers
Old Nov 30th 2022, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I guess I'll just wait for the bill, as usual.
You mean you can understand the way he bills are presented?
Genius!
Old Nov 30th 2022, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Just got the email here too and though it reads that an average increase of perhaps 3% is to be expected .... !!!! .... if we add together the Vacio for example (we are on potencia 6.9 and 3 stages of timing) to the "of which" for Dos quais Energia e Estrutura Comercial that gives a rise of nearer to 220% !!! Now I always thought that "of which" meant that it was included in the previously stated amount (here the Vacio) rather than to be added to - but how can you take a larger amount from a smaller amount? To say the least we are baffled! Is the rest of the country also baffled and is anyone questioning all of this?

New Price for Vazio 0.0391 €/kWh
Dos quais Energia e Estrutura Comercial 0.2057 €/kWh
Currently our Vazio is a total of 0,1162 €/kWh
and there are similar changes to the Ponta and Cheia sections - so the Vazio new price is down, so presumably we need to ADD the EeEC to the Vazio to get an increased price??? Gives a new price of 0.2448! Or if it really does mean "of which" then 0.0391 minus 0.2057 gives a minus figure of -0.1688 (so are they going to pay me - hardly think so!!)

However when you look at the Potencia
currently at 0,3967 €
the new rate iis
0.4119 €/dia
plus or minus Dos quais Energia e Estrutura Comercial 0.2309 €/dia
so where does that leave us in the calculation? To add or not to add, that is the question?
Old Nov 30th 2022, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

My email is also completely confusing for 13.8 kVA potencia and bihoraria supply. I've tried phoning a friend but he's out or else he's hanging from a tree.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
My email is also completely confusing for 13.8 kVA potencia and bihoraria supply. I've tried phoning a friend but he's out or else he's hanging from a tree.
I nearly gagged on my second glass of red when I read that. Steady on BB… 🤣
Old Nov 30th 2022, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Just got the email here too and though it reads that an average increase of perhaps 3% is to be expected .... !!!! .... if we add together the Vacio for example (we are on potencia 6.9 and 3 stages of timing) to the "of which" for Dos quais Energia e Estrutura Comercial that gives a rise of nearer to 220% !!! Now I always thought that "of which" meant that it was included in the previously stated amount (here the Vacio) rather than to be added to - but how can you take a larger amount from a smaller amount? To say the least we are baffled! Is the rest of the country also baffled and is anyone questioning all of this?

New Price for Vazio 0.0391 €/kWh
Dos quais Energia e Estrutura Comercial 0.2057 €/kWh
Currently our Vazio is a total of 0,1162 €/kWh
and there are similar changes to the Ponta and Cheia sections - so the Vazio new price is down, so presumably we need to ADD the EeEC to the Vazio to get an increased price??? Gives a new price of 0.2448! Or if it really does mean "of which" then 0.0391 minus 0.2057 gives a minus figure of -0.1688 (so are they going to pay me - hardly think so!!)

However when you look at the Potencia
currently at 0,3967 €
the new rate iis
0.4119 €/dia
plus or minus Dos quais Energia e Estrutura Comercial 0.2309 €/dia
so where does that leave us in the calculation? To add or not to add, that is the question?
I have taken the `Energia and Structure` to be the amount that the price is being subsidised by PT (and Spain I believe), So without that subsidy the price would be €0.2057+0.0391
But I must admit that cannot see why the price would have come down so much for you.
But its possible they are trying to steer people to use leccy during the cheapo prices if on bi or tri horaria??
Old Nov 30th 2022, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Just received the email from iberdrola about changes, they appear to be exactly the same as I'm paying now, probably just an error from them 🙄
Old Feb 1st 2023, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Leo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning everybody

As things in my house are not arranged yet, my neigbour helps me with electricity.

We have arranged, that i charge his costs taxa base /Potencia with the amount for an 3,45KWH connection (although i only can use up to a max of 2,3kwh) and , of course the cost of the used units.

This Month EDP shows on his calculator a price of about 15 Cents/KWH. Last Month it was, as far as i remember, about 25 Cents/KWH.

Did Prices drop?
I can not believe it. How much do i have to pay? I dont want to cheat my helpful neighbour.
Old Feb 1st 2023, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

1Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

I was informed by email from EDP that my new kW/h charge would be 0.1068 euro/kW/h which would be a reduction from 0.157 euro/kW/h
The network connection charge would increase slightly to 0.3917 euro/day.

However there has been no reduction to the promised 0.1068 euro/kW/h on my current bill. From the 1st January I paid 2 different tariffs, 0.1549 euro/kW/h and 0.1516 euro/kW/h.

I did think it was too good to be true that they were reducing my kW/h prices by approx 30% so why did they send out such a misleading email? I might ask them online and see what they say.
Old Feb 1st 2023, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: new EDP prices from jan 2023

Originally Posted by 1Steve
I was informed by email from EDP that my new kW/h charge would be 0.1068 euro/kW/h which would be a reduction from 0.157 euro/kW/h
The network connection charge would increase slightly to 0.3917 euro/day.

However there has been no reduction to the promised 0.1068 euro/kW/h on my current bill. From the 1st January I paid 2 different tariffs, 0.1549 euro/kW/h and 0.1516 euro/kW/h.

I did think it was too good to be true that they were reducing my kW/h prices by approx 30% so why did they send out such a misleading email? I might ask them online and see what they say.

Thank you for the answer.
So it might be correct, what EDP calculator says and i think it wont be wrong to pay 15Cents/kwh.
If you will get different information from EDP later, please let me know.
Old Feb 1st 2023, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

We just got our first leccy bill for 2023 which includes the end of December, at one price, the beginning of January to 10th, (incidentally meter-read on 10th by EDP so a significant date) at a slightly higher price, and a third section of the bill from the10th to personal reading by me on 23rd of Jan, at a LOWER price !!!, then there is the addition of the couple of days between the client-reading and the end of the charging period ........ are you with me so far??!!
So after perusing the 6 pages of charts and info it looks like having increased the amounts slightly after year end, they decided to bring the prices down again for each of the 3-time-zones mid-month of January, of course also noting the different rates of IVA of 6% and 23%. How are we all expected to follow 6 pages worth of electric bill?
So, finally there is not much difference between the December bill and the January bill -
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 7:09 am
Just Joined

O.k.
so it will be the best for me, simply paying the higher price from dezember.
Can you tell me, if IVA is includet in the prices, shown on EDP Calculator, or if i have to add IVA. Wich rate? 6% or 23%

It is a simple one phase connection. As far as i know simple one horario Meter.
Old Feb 9th 2023, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm. Not sure about all the numbers stated in all of the previous posts but I've just received my latest electric bill for 31 euros and I've been away for 10 weeks! The only electricity-sucking device being used is the fridge. This sounds extraordinarily high for just one device.Should I change my fridge...?
Old Feb 9th 2023, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sportpix
Mmmm. Not sure about all the numbers stated in all of the previous posts but I've just received my latest electric bill for 31 euros and I've been away for 10 weeks! The only electricity-sucking device being used is the fridge. This sounds extraordinarily high for just one device.Should I change my fridge...?
Thats what i have done. My old fridge consumed 1,5 kwh every 24 hours. The new, bigger one, only needs 0,35 kwh over 24 hours. An enormous saving therefore.
And dont forget , that you pay a "Taxa 'Base" each month, depending on the total Capacaty of your power connection. Within 10 weeks only this already will easily cost you about 20 €.
Old Feb 9th 2023, 4:20 am
Just Joined

(Same thing with TV for example.
Old flatsceeen: 120 watts, new one:,35 Watts)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.