Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New biometric Cards - Trial process underway

New biometric Cards - Trial process underway

Old Sep 16th 2022, 6:52 am
Just Joined

paradis2022 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New biometric Cards - Trial process underway

Does anyone know what to do if you have changed your address since registering for the poet Brexit document? We are still residing in the Loule area but at a different address? It does not seem to be possible to simply change it on the SEF site when I log in. Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2022, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paradis2022
Does anyone know what to do if you have changed your address since registering for the poet Brexit document? We are still residing in the Loule area but at a different address? It does not seem to be possible to simply change it on the SEF site when I log in. Thanks
Exactly - there are a number of us who have not been able to update/change details such as address, passport number etc since the initial CRUE document was issued. Happily the biometric appointment advice comes through on email, though if you have had to change your email address during this long waiting time, not sure if that is amendable! Various folk who have managed to enquire about the problem have been told not to worry, to take the old passport with them to the appointment if that is the problem, and/or proof of new address, so that it can be logged on there and then ... fingers crossed! Of course one aspect of the passport update is that the Portuguese passport number does not change when a new one is issued, but the UK one gets a new number each time so their set ups tend not to reflect this or expect a change!
Old Sep 21st 2022, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

sam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the rough

I've read on some Facebook forums this afternoon that Lisbon has (quietly) started sending out emails for appointments for Biometrics cards for people who are in that area - so if you're in Lisbon, keep an eye on your inbox!
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

algarvebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sam349
I've read on some Facebook forums this afternoon that Lisbon has (quietly) started sending out emails for appointments for Biometrics cards for people who are in that area - so if you're in Lisbon, keep an eye on your inbox!
I live in Loule and have just received my card, it took about 10 days after my appointment. You can update your details, address, saude number, passport number, NIF etc when you attend your biometric appointment. The process took about 25 mins. Take all your documents with you it will make the process faster.
Old Sep 27th 2022, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

offthepiste is an unknown quantity at this point

Well definite success, received notification of cards in the post about one week after process herein Cascais. Very impressed by how efficient SEF has been.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by offthepiste
Well definite success, received notification of cards in the post about one week after process herein Cascais. Very impressed by how efficient SEF has been.
Congratulations! As to SEF efficiency, it has only taken them a couple of years to get round to it ....