Reload this Page >

New biometric Cards

New biometric Cards

Old Mar 14th 2022, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

moggie2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New biometric Cards

Hi
Has anyone been contacted on the Algarve by SEF to make an appointment for their New biometric cards?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 14th 2022, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New biometric Cards

Originally Posted by moggie2007
Hi
Has anyone been contacted on the Algarve by SEF to make an appointment for their New biometric cards?

Thanks in advance
Have you looked at any of the recent posts on here about the biometric cards? SEF is currently doing a pilot run in the Azores before starting on the mainland so NO, no-one will have received anything on the Algarve.
Old May 3rd 2022, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

While you are waiting for your appointment, how do you update your information as passport is new and it was noticed at passport control that the passport now doesn’t match the residency document with the barcode
Old May 3rd 2022, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campanula
While you are waiting for your appointment, how do you update your information as passport is new and it was noticed at passport control that the passport now doesn’t match the residency document with the barcode
Unfortunately AFAIK, you don't, you wait for the SEF appointment. The fact the number has changed doesn't invalidate the residency doc, though you could consider carrying the old passport with you in case you encounter a passport official who doesn't know this...
Old May 3rd 2022, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan PT
Unfortunately AFAIK, you don't, you wait for the SEF appointment. The fact the number has changed doesn't invalidate the residency doc, though you could consider carrying the old passport with you in case you encounter a passport official who doesn't know this...
Agree with AlanPT - over the extended period of time we have been waiting for the appointments to be made, several people have moved address, changed passports, etc etc but there is no means of indicating changed circumstances like these to the SEF, who at an early stage in proceedings cheerfully said that these things would be updated at the time of the biometric appointment, so not to worry ... and meanwhile time passes and the SEF seems to stagger on.
Old May 5th 2022, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Ferretofthemata is an unknown quantity at this point

I have this problem with the passport, and also that the date of birth was not added correctly to the temporary certificate. And now my residency has expired anyway. Won't be leaving the country anytime soon I think.
Old May 5th 2022, 8:44 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ferretofthemata
I have this problem with the passport, and also that the date of birth was not added correctly to the temporary certificate. And now my residency has expired anyway. Won't be leaving the country anytime soon I think.
Your residency hasn't expired - your presence in Portugal guarantees that.

It is the combination of your CRUE (current or not) with the document attesting to your having applied for its replacement that most easily guarantees your recognition as a resident of Portugal. But that is not the be-all and end-all.

And if you've had to renew your passport since applying for that other document, the old passport, plus that certificate in addition to the new valid passport should be more than enough to prove your credentials.

As an aside, whenever I've applied for or received docs of this nature, I've always been advised to check that details are correct and to advise the relevant authority if not.
Old May 6th 2022, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Ferretofthemata is an unknown quantity at this point

I called them up as soon as I got the form with the wrong date of birth. A friendly man in India assured me that there was no problem at all and just to wait.
Old May 10th 2022, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Mikevanbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ferretofthemata
I called them up as soon as I got the form with the wrong date of birth. A friendly man in India assured me that there was no problem at all and just to wait.
I applied for my card in March 2021. Still nothing. Has anyone got one yet?
Old May 10th 2022, 1:24 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikevanbike
I applied for my card in March 2021. Still nothing. Has anyone got one yet?
I don't think anybody will have one yet unless they live in Madeira or Açores, where the pilot program ran earlier this year.

On the mainland, we're still on hold but will apparently be notified of where to make an appointment in order of date of request registration.