Moving to Portugal

Moving to Portugal

Old Sep 11th 2023, 11:40 am
GDM
Just Joined

GDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Portugal

Hello everyone,
I'm new on here and looking for any information on building materials, equipment hire and how much labourers normally cost in the castello branco region of portugal.
Cheers....
Old Sep 11th 2023, 4:48 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Portugal

Originally Posted by GDM
Hello everyone,
I'm new on here and looking for any information on building materials, equipment hire and how much labourers normally cost in the castello branco region of portugal.
Cheers....
You may be lucky to get such specific information - particularly for a very specific region, but I hope that any building plans you have are officially sanctioned - otherwise you could find yourself on the wrong end of the law.

Almost all building work requires a license before being commenced - and failure to abide by the legalities can result in a large fine and loss of the habitation licence for the property involved. Be aware that it is your responsibility, as owner, to ensure that eveything is legal, not any contractor you may hire..... under Portuguese law you are the "Dono das Obras". Also, DIY building work is not generally well regarded by local Camaras (due to insurance if nothing else) and may break the conditions of any license granted (which generally requires a contractor name to be recorded) Any work which impacts the structure of the building will also almost certainly require an "Aviso" to be displayed..... obtainable from the Camara - so it is virtually impossible to build without their knowledge and approval. Failure to display an Aviso is illegal and can make you subject to a large fine - and the GNR will take action if they suspect building work without one being displayed.

If you know all this, good for you - many expats don't.
Old Sep 12th 2023, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Portugal

Originally Posted by GDM
Hello everyone,
Cheers....
If you are on Facebook, I suggest you join "A group for sharing information, help and advice on building, renovating and DIY in Portugal" - the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/472882839549373/
Lots of knowledge and experiences shared and discussed. You may find answers to some of your questions by checking the Guides section and/or recent posts, or you can post your questions directly. It covers the whole country, so do specify your chosen local area.