Reload this Page >

Movers from UK to Algarve

Movers from UK to Algarve

Old Feb 25th 2018, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

mmecholet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Movers from UK to Algarve

Hi all,

We are planning our move for this June. So we will start getting quotes from movers. Did any of you use those movers:

Algarve Removals
Algarve Express
AIM
NWDF
DLS

Any advices on those?

Thanks,
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movers from UK to Algarve

We used Algarve Removals in January.
Reasonably happy with the service.
A chap who picked our stuff up in the UK was on his own and wasn't particularly careful with things.
But two chaps delivered in Portugal and they were very good.
Nothing was broken or lost and they were good at keeping us informed.
We packed up all our smaller items and wrapped delicate things well before they arrived.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. Could you tell me how much you paid and if it is by weight or by volume?
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmecholet
Thanks. Could you tell me how much you paid and if it is by weight or by volume?
If you email them they will send a prompt reply.
But off the top of my head I think it was about £95 per cubic meter, for the part packing service. Which basically meant we packed everything except for large items.

Door to door.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Great. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Cherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant future

I used Algarve Removals in December and was pleased with the service. I also got the first months storage free which was perfect as there was just under a 4 week period between selling my UK property and completing on my Portuguese house.

One thing to be aware of: I sent a comprehensive list of what I was taking with me, including the number and size of the boxes and they estimated the cubic metres to give me a price. When the day came, I actually had a fair bit more than they'd estimated even though I ended up taking less than I'd advised them of.

The guy doing the removal in the UK said it was a known ploy that removal companies will under-estimate volume in order to give you a low price and secure the work. He recalculated the price once everything was in the vehicle and I had to pay an extra £400 there and then to get them to take it. I realise an estimate is exactly that but given I had less furniture than they thought, I was a bit surprised at having my bill increased by so much.

Just something to ask when you're deciding who to use....
Old Mar 4th 2018, 2:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Things I wish I had included.
A decent long ladder, power wash, garden tools, rotary washing line., garden furniture.

I am sure there are things others could add to the list.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Abel's in the UK who were excellent - they subbed out this end to a Hungarian haulier who also were excellent. Used their packing service too, originally I gave them an anticipated volume against which they quoted, they then measured the actual volume after collection and reduced the price accordingly.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cherrypop
One thing to be aware of: I sent a comprehensive list of what I was taking with me, including the number and size of the boxes and they estimated the cubic metres to give me a price. When the day came, I actually had a fair bit more than they'd estimated even though I ended up taking less than I'd advised them of.

The guy doing the removal in the UK said it was a known ploy that removal companies will under-estimate volume in order to give you a low price and secure the work.
I'd heard that this happened so we estimated it ourselves and on the day we were a fair bit under our estimate.
No surprise that we didn't get any money off, lol.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your replies. I will keep these information in mind.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

I used Transportes Senhora da Agonia,Lda. They were very keenly priced and the service was excellent. Everything arrived safely and they were very flexible about my requirements.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EMR
Things I wish I had included.
A decent long ladder, power wash, garden tools, rotary washing line., garden furniture.

I am sure there are things others could add to the list.
A decent long ladder is a must have, they’re a fortune here. Also maybe a chainsaw and I’m informed good quality kitchen stuff, pots and pans, microwave etc,
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonny22
A decent long ladder is a must have, they’re a fortune here. Also maybe a chainsaw and I’m informed good quality kitchen stuff, pots and pans, microwave etc,
One of my favourite early memories on moving here was my Wife & I marching up the hill with our new ladder. Actually, with some of the apartments here, like our first one, you need scaffolding - just to change a light bulb!