Reload this Page >

Maternity care in Cascais Lisbon area please help

Maternity care in Cascais Lisbon area please help

Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Mona730 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Maternity care in Cascais Lisbon area please help

Hello,

We've just moved from the UK to Cascais and four out that I am pregnant.

Could anybody please explain the next steps I need to take to register the pregnancy - we've applied for our residency (hoping this won't take long).

Is the option to go private (we also have no health insurance yet) to for example clinich Europa? Or do we go to the public Saude in the centre of Cascais? Or straight to a hospital like CUF? I am 99% certain it will all being well be a c-section due to medical conditions. So is it perhaps best just to go public.

The place in the centre of Cascais doesn't seem the nicest of looking places - can anyone recommend or suggest my first steps?

Many thanks
Old Sep 6th 2017, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maternity care in Cascais Lisbon area please help

Originally Posted by Mona730
Hello,

We've just moved from the UK to Cascais and four out that I am pregnant.

Could anybody please explain the next steps I need to take to register the pregnancy - we've applied for our residency (hoping this won't take long).

Is the option to go private (we also have no health insurance yet) to for example clinich Europa? Or do we go to the public Saude in the centre of Cascais? Or straight to a hospital like CUF? I am 99% certain it will all being well be a c-section due to medical conditions. So is it perhaps best just to go public.

The place in the centre of Cascais doesn't seem the nicest of looking places - can anyone recommend or suggest my first steps?

Many thanks
Hi Mona
According to Portuguese law pregnant women and children are entitled to free health care regardless of their immigration status. Just go to your local health centre (Centro de Suade), tell them you are pregnant and ask to see a doctor. If you have your residency certificate, then they should also register you with the SNS.

Some health centers can look a bit "Spartan". It doesn't usually reflect the standard of care provided!

Last edited by Naaling; Sep 6th 2017 at 12:28 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Mona730 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Maternity care in Cascais Lisbon area please help

Thank you Naaling, that's great information and thank you for putting my mind at ease about the clinics! Mona
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maternity care in Cascais Lisbon area please help

And congratulations!