More questions

Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice
Default Re: More questions

Hi there, no need to provide proof of income now as long as you are an EU citizen.
We had to! I think because we are young and didn't fit the typical moving to Portugal demographic, they were suspicious of how we could afford to survive. We knew that EU law said otherwise..but quoting EU law in a camara in pigeon Portuguese doesn't get anyone very far!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by newintavira
We had to! I think because we are young and didn't fit the typical moving to Portugal demographic, they were suspicious of how we could afford to survive. We knew that EU law said otherwise..but quoting EU law in a camara in pigeon Portuguese doesn't get anyone very far!
I am not exactly young but at 44 I am not of retirement age either. The current regulations state that you do not have to provide proof of income if you are an EU citizen. I certainly did not when I renewed my residencia in May.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Coati is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm

you do, you dont, just going to down to the indivdual camara methinks, how about pidgeon Spanish, me hablo Espanol poquito lol

Im going to sort this out on the ground que sera

thank you for posting, mil gracias
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

The rules seem to change from time to time, and different offices interpret the laws different ways.
I had to struggle a bit to get my paperwork done, but I kept a good humor, and the folks at the various offices were all friendly and helpful as they steered me through the maze.
Not nearly as bad as some places I've been, and for all the stories of corruption, there was never a hint of impropriety.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

tombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Coati
Hi Dal

In Portugals case, there is so much wonder there, head north up to Portalegre and the border its marvellous, but you have to appreciate wildness cos there aint no people. Spend a few days in a Schist village population 3 and 2 donkeys, incredible! Just returned from a months 2000 mile tour and loved every minute. Sit under an orange tree in the blazing sun and just reconnect. I love Wildlife and have become quite proficient in Photography of same; I can spend a week tracking an eagle for one pic lol

Dont let time get hold of you, its a killer lol
will stay in touch

Rich/Wendy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175302/Visitors-14-killer-whales-whale-time-coast-John-OGroats-unprecedented-sighting.html?ITO=1490

I must say I found the wildlife poor in Portugal.
Everything that moves is shot during the hunting season.

There are hardly any birds or animals inland. If you want wildlife and good photography then get yourselves over to rain and windswept Scotland

regards
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tombo

Just been in Edinburgh for 5 days (daughter lives there) chucked it for 5 days.
Last year photographed Pine Martin!

I was just in Central PT and saw loads of great birds?

Golden Eagle, Booted Eagle, Short tied Eagle, Bonellis Eagle, Black Stork, European Roller (only 30 in Pt), Little Owl, Sardinian Warblers, Golden Oriole, Black Kite, Black Shouldered Kite,Little Kestrel,CrestedTit, not easy I admit but loadsa stuff around for the patient! Had some good times around Olhao before too? plenty on the pans there. Go figure (do you wear a blue shirt?)
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

Tombo you seem to have a very negative view of Portugal.
Probably because you live in the concrete jungle that is most of Olhao.
Only because its too hot i'm sitting at my pc for a couple of hours but can also see out of my window into the garden.
I couldn't even count the number of bird species i can see, we had a stork helping himself to what looked like a vole an hour ago, we have a small flock of egrets sitting with the horses, a brave hare hurtled across the land chased by my dog not 10 minutes ago.
We have a slow worms under the plastic cover on the wood pile and a ladder snake comes and takes the odd frog in the pool house.
Not to mention lizards, salamanders, the odd viper, and soooo many birds.
Time to open your eyes.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

More, Corn Buntings, Kestrel, Buzzard, Hoopoe, Spotless Starling, Bee eaters,
Europen Stork, Thekla Lark, Crested Lark, Spanish Wagtails, Serins, Azure winged Magpie, endless really...
Hi Steve :-)

Last edited by Coati; Jul 18th 2012 at 4:03 am.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

Hi,
to answer the original question.
We didn't get asked for anything, just smiled, filled a form in and gave them a few euros - however the dates on the residency documents made no earthly sense, so maybe we didn't smile enough.
Best bet here regardless of what you're after is to take a suitcase full of papers with you wherever you go - sad but true.
Generally i find smiling then adopting a look that says 'i ain't going anywhere' gets you whatever piece of paper you require here and i can only say bom dia, boa tarde, obrigado and tchao (and i probably can't even spell that).
I'm sure you'll have a great time here.
Best of luck
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

tombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve01
Tombo you seem to have a very negative view of Portugal.
Probably because you live in the concrete jungle that is most of Olhao.
Only because its too hot i'm sitting at my pc for a couple of hours but can also see out of my window into the garden.
I couldn't even count the number of bird species i can see, we had a stork helping himself to what looked like a vole an hour ago, we have a small flock of egrets sitting with the horses, a brave hare hurtled across the land chased by my dog not 10 minutes ago.
We have a slow worms under the plastic cover on the wood pile and a ladder snake comes and takes the odd frog in the pool house.
Not to mention lizards, salamanders, the odd viper, and soooo many birds.
Time to open your eyes.
================================================== ==
Well I have Cegonias nesting/breeding 30m from my varandah, horses along the road, Cattle Egrets and Flamingos out on the salt flats. Sea Birds aplenty.

But I have been all over Portugal and found nothing on the ground.
OK I didn't look under stones for lizards and snakes.
Sure I have seen Kites, Little Owls etc but nothing on the ground. The hunters blast everything that moves during the shooting season.

And yes Olhao did become a concrete jungle when the developers moved in and threw up the Marina Village along the front.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

We often go out specifically to find wildlife.
We've seen bears in the hills on the Spanish border, wild boar in lots of places, the lynx seem to have spread we saw one on the beach in the winter, deer all over the place, everywhere you drive you see eagles and the other amazing hunting birds.
We've seen dolphins off the coast - near Carvoeiro and flocks of flamingo's on the lagoon.

This is Portugal, not Africa - what do you expect herds of wilderbeast ?

I think you're ju
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

i think you're just not looking hard enough
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

The ground animals tend to be a bit shy of humans, and their dogs. Still, I've seen otters around my place, rabbits, and there obviously are a lot of boar. Although the boar are big and numerous [judging by the big areas they dig up] I've never seen one so far.
semi-domestic cats tend to kill a lot of the smaller wildlife.
I keep thinking I should put a critter-cam in my orchard and watch whatever it is eating my fruit at night.