Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Old Jul 14th 2016, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Originally Posted by liveaboard
You mean glyphosate or tallowamine?
This is old news, the same thing was written a year ago or more.

Monsanto confirmed to Reuters that since they have shifted away from tallowamine the affect of the French ban would be "minimal,"
I think we are at cross purposes , I posted the link to reference
"Restricts use in public areas"
So it seems the EU still have doubts
Old Jul 15th 2016, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Tallowamine has been discontinued [as stated in the article].
The death of glyphosate has been exaggerated. For the time being, it's still very much in use.

That was why I asked you which chemical you were referring to when you wrote "I think there's enough evidence available now to ban this completely"
Old Jul 15th 2016, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
I think we are at cross purposes , I posted the link to reference
"Restricts use in public areas"
So it seems the EU still have doubts
Glyphosate
Old Jul 16th 2016, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
In Portugal I have heard complaints that the fruit and veg does not stay fresh for as long as it does in the UK.
Given that at times of the year in the UK all but the basics are imported some having thousands of airmiles
the only way it can retain any freshness must be because it is coated, sprayed with preservatives, coatings,stored in gas filled containers etc.
We are what we eat and I would rather have fruit and veg that has real taste, may look a bit odd even if it only lasts for a few days.

Off thread But was horrified to hear from the owner of a favourite restaurant near silver on Friday night that most of the John Dory catch from Sargres was now being scooped up by restaurants in NEW YORK !!! (caught then shipped at 6 pm one night -in NY 6am the next morning) As they are willing and able to pay ridiculous prices for the fish.. It's now selling here for over 29 euro's a kilo.. (used to be 13 euros') aaarrrghhhhh
Old Jul 16th 2016, 2:38 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Off thread But was horrified to hear from the owner of a favourite restaurant near silver on Friday night that most of the John Dory catch from Sargres was now being scooped up by restaurants in NEW YORK !!! (caught then shipped at 6 pm one night -in NY 6am the next morning) As they are willing and able to pay ridiculous prices for the fish.. It's now selling here for over 29 euro's a kilo.. (used to be 13 euros') aaarrrghhhhh
Multinational capitalism was always thus ..... them what has the money, gets the goods.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Interesting Info, some off it I was not aware off

https://action.organicconsumers.org/...st_KEY=1356594

http://www.ecowatch.com/glyphosate-v...999343362.html

Last edited by Ingles; Sep 13th 2016 at 2:30 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great news

https://action.organicconsumers.org/...st_KEY=1356849
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Seems the impending Monsanto-Bayer deal could be off the table pretty soon.. Investors don't like it on both sides of the pond.
Some in Europe see Monsanto as a ball and chain deal.. arriving with debt and a bad reputation.Bayer is already loaded with debt. shareholders are unlikely to be happy to take on more. That apart the regulators are dealing with three deals on the table involving chemical companies. they won't like that either...
It's more likely that it will be the European end that will finally scupper it. As 27 countries have to agree.
Altho I would be happy with this outcome.. Unhappy that due to the anti trust law Monsanto would come out of it considerable richer due to agreed payments should the deal fail.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I just sprayed my orchard with fungicide and 2 different pesticides [including imidaclopride], then threw 25kg of chemical fertilizer on the orchard + garden, then mixed up 5 liters of a nice strong roundup solution to kill off some encroaching cane.

I figure I'd better use the stuff while I can, before you lot close down the agrochemical industries.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 7:18 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=liveaboard;12060677]I just sprayed my orchard with fungicide and 2 different pesticides [including imidaclopride], then threw 25kg of chemical fertilizer on the orchard + garden, then mixed up 5 liters of a nice strong roundup solution to kill off some encroaching cane.

I figure I'd better use the stuff while I can, before you lot close down the agrochemical industries.[/QUOTE

Can I please havev your address in case I am over your way and need to pack a hazmat suit.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I just sprayed my orchard with fungicide and 2 different pesticides [including imidaclopride], then threw 25kg of chemical fertilizer on the orchard + garden, then mixed up 5 liters of a nice strong roundup solution to kill off some encroaching cane.

I figure I'd better use the stuff while I can, before you lot close down the agrochemical industries.

I hope you wore chemical resistant clothing,gloves and a mask.. Liv.. Your much too trusting.. and I hope you don't produce anything you might want to eat on your land.. or have any animals on it... Other wise ... go ahead it's your life. and your liver.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR

Can I please havev your address in case I am over your way and need to pack a hazmat suit.

Every Portuguese farmer uses a lot more than I do; I suggest you were your hazmat suit everywhere you go.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

You may have already seen this ?

Portuguese farmers start to reject Monsanto’s GMO maize
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Glyphosate in Baby Food ?

FDA Tests Confirm Baby Foods Contain Residues of Glyphosate
Old Oct 7th 2016, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

At least it's a start !

http://en.monsantotribunal.org/main....j_id=409156251

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.