Moleanos

Old Sep 8th 2023, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

NataHH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moleanos

I am not having a good day. I spilled red wine on a moleanos stone step. Any idea how to get rid of the marks?
Old Sep 8th 2023, 11:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moleanos

Google is your friend….
  1. Mix a solution of washing soda or detergent and warm water.
  2. Gently brush the stain away with a cloth or a soft-bristled brush dipped in the solution.
  3. Rinse with water and allow to air-dry.
Old Sep 9th 2023, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Jumping in here... would this work for a marble fire place that has woodsap stains?
Old Sep 9th 2023, 9:22 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NataHH
I am not having a good day. I spilled red wine on a moleanos stone step. Any idea how to get rid of the marks?
Ranked by potential surface damage

First, if fresh, try a poultice of flour and water - leave it on the stain overnight and then wash it off.

Next, If there is still a mark, make a paste of baking soda and water and cover the stain..... leave it overnight and wash it off.

Lastly, if there is still staining, try agua oxygenada (mild peroxide) from the supermarket...... try it somewhere less visible first to ensure there is no over-reaction. It is peroxide, but the portuguese use it to clean wounds, so it's not really reactive.

After that, I'm afraid you're into more drastic measures........
Old Sep 9th 2023, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your advice. I will try various methods and report back. Bleach is definitely a No No but diluted Hydrogen peroxide has also been recommended. I also got it on the wall. Clumsy me will have to drink white wine from now on. 😉
Old Sep 10th 2023, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Today I went to the Intermarché pharmacy and bought a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide (Água Oxigenada) for 80c. As the solution was only 3% I used it neat on the splashes and within 1 hour they all disappeared. I am so happy 🥳🥳🥳. Thanks again for all your help and advice. It did not remove the marks on the wall. I will try beach or will repaint the area.
Old Sep 10th 2023, 6:10 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NataHH
Today I went to the Intermarché pharmacy and bought a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide (Água Oxigenada) for 80c. As the solution was only 3% I used it neat on the splashes and within 1 hour they all disappeared. I am so happy 🥳🥳🥳. Thanks again for all your help and advice. It did not remove the marks on the wall. I will try beach or will repaint the area.
SWMBO swears by this, baking soda and white vinegar for just about everything! If one of these won't clean it, then it's gone to the big scrapyard in the sky!

As I said before, it's used as a disinfectant for wounds, so useful to have in the cupbard.

Glad it worked.

Last edited by macliam; Sep 10th 2023 at 6:42 pm.