Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Old May 4th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future
Default Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Full story HERE
Old May 4th 2007, 9:50 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
Full story HERE
blimey thats just down the road from where my place wiil be and my youngest is 3 also, have to say its turned my stomach reading it, lets hope the poor little one is found soon eh, every parents nightmare, goes to show that just because your hols, you cant let your guard down, please keep us updated on the search and outcome
Old May 4th 2007, 11:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds wierd to me ... parents at a restaurant where apparantly they could see the door which they had left ajar? Mmmmmm ... I could never leave a three year old in a room whatever the reason whilst on holiday. We always took our daughter with us and let her spoil our dinner every night, but at least we knew she was safe and we had no worries
Old May 4th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
That sounds wierd to me ... parents at a restaurant where apparantly they could see the door which they had left ajar? Mmmmmm ... I could never leave a three year old in a room whatever the reason whilst on holiday. We always took our daughter with us and let her spoil our dinner every night, but at least we knew she was safe and we had no worries
you know, i was thinking exactly the same as you, and i am glad you said it, its very odd to leave your baby unnatended isnt it? not matter how close you are?
I havent got children yet but i couldnt dream of leaving them on their own... in the rare occassions my sister has left my nieces under my supervision i hardly let them breathe let alone out of my sight!

what if the baby felt unwell, or woke up scared in the night??
Old May 4th 2007, 3:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We always take our grand children out with us, would never leave them like that.
Old May 4th 2007, 5:13 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Latest news said that the door was unlocked (not ajar). It was ajar when they went back to check.

Now's not the time to criticise I think.

Let's hope she turns up safe and well and soon.
Old May 4th 2007, 6:21 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very sad situation and my sentiments are with the parents, no matter what they should have done.
I am glad that everything is being done by the Portuguese police to find her.
Old May 5th 2007, 8:25 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

This is awful,the parents must be thinking about the Ben Needham case.
Sky are calling it an abduction this morning.
Old May 5th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Latest news said that the door was unlocked (not ajar). It was ajar when they went back to check.

Now's not the time to criticise I think.

Let's hope she turns up safe and well and soon.
Don't agree. It has to be said. If taken the kids with them this wouldn't have happened. A lesson for others out there..!
Old May 5th 2007, 10:52 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

apparently it seems that there were other kids in the room too , im afraid although i have sympathies for their plight, ihave to agree that this really wasn,t wise and they really should have known better, especially as the hotel privided babysitting services which they chose not too use as they felt that they were close enough to the room hope this girl is found soon, but this should never have happened
Old May 5th 2007, 11:51 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
Don't agree. It has to be said. If taken the kids with them this wouldn't have happened. A lesson for others out there..!
Oh you are so very wise!
Old May 5th 2007, 1:39 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
Can we have an award for stating the bleeding obvious?

If only we all could get through life without making mistakes eh?
Old May 5th 2007, 1:53 pm
---------

Hear, hear!!
Old May 5th 2007, 2:57 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Agree with you, this is not the time for if, but, where, when...just a time for a prayer for everyone concerned.
Old May 5th 2007, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, true we learn from our mistakes....however this is tant amount to negligence.

imo being a parent is thinking of all the what if's....what if the apartment/house had gone up in flames, what if one of the children had suddenly had a chocking attack? yep all this is part of the territory that goes with being a parent and forever worrying no matter what age your darling little cherubs grow up to be.

i really hope madeline's parents have learnt from their mistake.

not sure of the latest but hope the little one returns safely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.