Meo Remote App

Old Jan 21st 2021, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meo Remote App

I have signed up to the Meo TV package and was surprised I could not connect to youtube. I went to the Meo shop and the girl said I need to download the Meo Remote app and then I would be able to access Youtube. Try as I might I could not download the app on either of my two phones and so I went back to the Meo shop and asked the same girl how to do this. After about 10 minutes she gave up and said she couldn't help me so I asked her if there was a technical support number I could call. She wrote down the number and also gave me the number for Apple and I tried both when I got home only to hear recorded messages in Portuguese. A further question I asked the girl was whether the Golf Channel is available on the network and she said yes for 5 euro per month and to call the same number... Does anyone know how I can download the app and also whether they have the golf channel and where to find it on the Meo TV network because try and I might I just can't find it. Thank in advance, R.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meo Remote App

Most TVs can be connected to the internet, and get youtube through their internal browser.
Check the documentation of your TV.

Another possibility is to connect your computer to the TV [so your TV acts as a monitor].

I have MEO TV but mostly only use it to watch the news.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 8:07 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an iPhone or Android, and do you have UK or Portuguese sim card?
Old Jan 21st 2021, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
Do you have an iPhone or Android, and do you have UK or Portuguese sim card?
I have two iPhones one of which has a PT SIM card
Old Jan 21st 2021, 8:31 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, the Apple ID you use the access the app store has to be set to Portugal rather than UK. The app store limits which apps are available to install by Country, Meo Remote and Meo Go are only available to Portugal based apple ids. I don't use apple myself, so perhaps someone else can offer help on how to change that over.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Score76
Ok, the Apple ID you use the access the app store has to be set to Portugal rather than UK. The app store limits which apps are available to install by Country, Meo Remote and Meo Go are only available to Portugal based apple ids. I don't use apple myself, so perhaps someone else can offer help on how to change that over.
ahhh. Thank you for that. I will try to contact Apple
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

I contacted Apple this morning and spent almost an hour on the phone with a very helpful lady in Ireland who eventually fixed the location issue and so I was able to download the app. Having now done so I haven’t a clue how to use it 😩