Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

alternative travel

alternative travel

Old Sep 24th 2010, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute
Default alternative travel

Has any one got any suggestions, My dad has broken his anke , so can't fly or drive to pt. is there a train that travels down to the algarve none stop, I am thinking they would have to get the euro star to paris and then come on down. I am clueless , as never had to even think about this option
Old Sep 24th 2010, 6:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: alternative travel

Originally Posted by Titleist
Has any one got any suggestions, My dad has broken his anke , so can't fly or drive to pt. is there a train that travels down to the algarve none stop, I am thinking they would have to get the euro star to paris and then come on down. I am clueless , as never had to even think about this option
Have a look here
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

thanks , that is really good
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Have a look here
Great link JDR. Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No problem folks, I didn`t look at the prices though, but probably good to let the train take the strain.
I get good discounts on Spanish trains wiv me pensioners card, hope to explore the long trips soon.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:54 pm
UK and Tavira, Portugal

miacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tombo
Great link JDR. Thanks
I just wonder if you could try an inter rail pass - they do them for seniors and from what I can see that might be your cheapest way to get him down/back. Try this website http://www.raileurope.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=1359. Let us know what you find out if you explore as I could be interested.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: alternative travel

Originally Posted by jdr
No problem folks, I didn`t look at the prices though, but probably good to let the train take the strain.
I get good discounts on Spanish trains wiv me pensioners card, hope to explore the long trips soon.
I might want to go up to Santander from Sevilla and would hope to use the fast service how do you get the pensioners discount. All we had to do in Portugal was show our passport with our date of birth and we got amazing discounts Faro/Lisbon last year €17.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I might want to go up to Santander from Sevilla and would hope to use the fast service how do you get the pensioners discount. All we had to do in Portugal was show our passport with our date of birth and we got amazing discounts Faro/Lisbon last year €17.
You go to the station and buy a Gold card/Tarjeta Dorada, I think it was 5€'s for a year.
I showed him my Tarjeta Sanitaria, but he wasn`t bothered, maybe I look over 60. lol.
You can use them on the machines to, you just click on the Dorada button and put in your number for the discount.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: alternative travel

Originally Posted by jdr
You go to the station and buy a Gold card/Tarjeta Dorada, I think it was 5€'s for a year.
I showed him my Tarjeta Sanitaria, but he wasn`t bothered, maybe I look over 60. lol.
You can use them on the machines to, you just click on the Dorada button and put in your number for the discount.
Yes we just point to the thin siver hair and we are understood perfectly! Can you use it for intrnet booking?
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes we just point to the thin siver hair and we are understood perfectly! Can you use it for intrnet booking?
Never tried but I assume you can.