Reload this Page >

making new friends in the eastern algarve

making new friends in the eastern algarve

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

katieabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking making new friends in the eastern algarve

hi
i was wondering if any one can help me i have now lived in the eastern for nearly 2 years i have a few Portuguese friends but i can not find many english people this side of tavira to villa real de san antionio the same sort of age group as myself between 20-35
please get in contact

katie
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:20 am
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: making new friends in the eastern algarve

Originally Posted by katieabi
hi
i was wondering if any one can help me i have now lived in the eastern for nearly 2 years i have a few Portuguese friends but i can not find many english people this side of tavira to villa real de san antionio the same sort of age group as myself between 20-35
please get in contact

katie
Hi Katie,

sorry not in your age group(over 49) but moving to Ayamonte in March, Have you tried meeting up with people on the Spanish side? We have found that we like being able to move easily Portugal-Spain to experience both. Have been lucky to make friends before we move over and they have been so helpful. Are you alone or with family. You can pm me if you prefer to reply.

Sue
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Sue Payne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
Hi Katie,

sorry not in your age group(over 49) but moving to Ayamonte in March, Have you tried meeting up with people on the Spanish side? We have found that we like being able to move easily Portugal-Spain to experience both. Have been lucky to make friends before we move over and they have been so helpful. Are you alone or with family. You can pm me if you prefer to reply.

Sue
Hi there
We too are planning on moving to Ayamonte/Villablanca in April so would like to meet up with others - we are in our mid 30's with a 4yr old son and one on the way
Sue
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: making new friends in the eastern algarve

hi sue

i am currently living in villa real with my family and my daugther aged two it is a great life, i will look forward in meeting you and getting the kids together if you need any help of advice give us a bell

kind regards katie
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue Payne
Hi there
We too are planning on moving to Ayamonte/Villablanca in April so would like to meet up with others - we are in our mid 30's with a 4yr old son and one on the way
Sue
Hi Sue,

Are you intending to work in Ayamonte? what has prompted your decision to move over to Spain. We are taking early retirement so do not need to work but our son will be attending school. Have you researched schools at all?

best regards

Sue Shaw soon to be in Ayamonte
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
Hi Sue,

Are you intending to work in Ayamonte? what has prompted your decision to move over to Spain. We are taking early retirement so do not need to work but our son will be attending school. Have you researched schools at all?

best regards

Sue Shaw soon to be in Ayamonte
Hi Sue
We already own an apartment in Isla Canela and realised the more we went over on holiday the less we wanted to come home. My partner can work from where ever (IT based) so we have made the decision to give it a try.

I probably wont be working for a while as we are expecting another baby later in the year.

We have some English friends who live in Ayamonte and both their girls (4 and 8) go to Padre Jesus School. She said it was easy to get them in - you basically go to the school of your first choice and then if they cant get you in they send you to the next one in the town. Im hoping to get Jack in to the same school in September.

We are going out on Thursday to look at places to live (the apartment is too small for a long period of time) and will probably end up in Villablanca.

Would be good to meet up with you when we are all settled !
Sue
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katieabi
hi sue

i am currently living in villa real with my family and my daugther aged two it is a great life, i will look forward in meeting you and getting the kids together if you need any help of advice give us a bell

kind regards katie
Hi Katie
When we get settled we will definatley be in touch - we cant wait to make the move (scary tho' it is) !
Sue
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: making new friends in the eastern algarve

hi sue

i moved over her when my daugther was only 6 weeks old that was scary so i know what you are going through, good luck looking for a house in villa blanca i know there is a lot of english up there, not like portugal there is not many and the friends i know only 2 of them have kids, but i have enrolled abi in nursery after 2 years of trying to get here in i have now found a new one but they have to be 2 and a half but they are letting me start early so she in going just in the morning for a month and then full time from april bar the hours they are shut for lunch, so i am really loooking forward to that
chat to you soon

katie