Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Lost and Found at Faro Airport

Lost and Found at Faro Airport

Old Jun 30th 2022, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lost and Found at Faro Airport

My family arrived at Faro last Sunday and have just realised they left their cardigans in the baggage claim area while waiting for a pushchair to arrive.

I've been called the L&F number on and off for two days and every time it says number busy, which I think means off the hook.

Has anyone had any success on retrieving items from L&F or is this a waste of time?

Thanks, Richard
Old Jun 30th 2022, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost and Found at Faro Airport

A friend left a number of items a couple of years ago and when he returned to the airport 10 days later, the police had them. Worth ringing them, rather than left and found.
Old Jun 30th 2022, 10:54 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I would go to the airport, rather than faff around trying to get through on the 'phone.
Old Jun 30th 2022, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

For us, that would have been a three hour round trip. I got straight through to the police.
Old Jun 30th 2022, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ouriquejan View Post
A friend left a number of items a couple of years ago and when he returned to the airport 10 days later, the police had them. Worth ringing them, rather than left and found.
Thanks for this. My daughter and family will leave again tomorrow morning so I’ll have a go at contacting the police when I get there. I can’t visualize a police post there but I’m sure there must be one somewhere
Old Jun 30th 2022, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Near arrivals.
Old Jul 1st 2022, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, I found the nice policeman who said go talk to Ryanair. On the way there I saw the information desk and the nice lady there said go and talk to Ryanair, they do their own L&F. So I went to Ryanair and the nice lady there checked her book with L&F listed but said nothing was found on the day, and also that they only do L&F on the aircraft, check in etc. She called the customs people who confirmed they found nothing either in the baggage reclaim area so we've had to declare the items lost. Sad but these things happen.
Old Jul 1st 2022, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bummer.

When it was a little wet here, I left a rather nice umbrella in a bucket in one of our small local supermarkets.

When I left, the only one in the bucket was a very broken one. It happens.