Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Long term rental question!

Long term rental question!

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of
Question Long term rental question!

Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered before...as we are now thinking of renting our uk abode I have been looking for a rental in PT.

Have found somewhere, 3 bed with pool north of the N125 (don't worry Gazz it's not too near! well...we may cross paths by car ) and was just wondering what the local monthly rate is for long term? The owner has told me what he wants and it seems ok but I need to check it's not over-priced.

I know in Luz/Burgau it can be pricey so if anyone knows rental prices for areas such as Budens/Espiche/Almadena that would be great. It is a fairly old unfurnished house in a village setting not a new build on an urbanisation.

Ta!

G
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Long term rental question!

sorry cant help with monthly rentals for the Algarve but around here (central portugal) a 3 bed with pool willl be around 550 euros per month
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Thanks.

About 4 years ago someone I know who is no longer there rented a 3 bed in the algarve for about 550 but without pool, so I think the price I was quoted is probably fair. They want £600 a month so I imagine around 750€. I'm just worried that with only one of us working that may be too high.

I haven't done any bartering yet so I could try for under 700.

G
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Troia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really nice

Usually the rent depends if you stay or not, in the high season. If it is an all year rent I would say that 750 Euros is a very fair price indeed, being in Algarve, pool, 3 bedrooms

Last edited by Troia; Oct 3rd 2008 at 11:33 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes the discussions were for a year, so I'm hoping they don't want more in the summer!

I'm glad it sounds reasonable, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much as I have to keep my fingers crossed no-one else finds it before we are able to move.

We are hopeful as they rang us rather than us finding them so we reckon it must be destiny

G