Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Living in PT for 12 mths - necessary actions?

Living in PT for 12 mths - necessary actions?

Old Dec 10th 2018, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

alha4059 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in PT for 12 mths - necessary actions?

I recently moved in with my Portuguese wife in Portugal. We plan to move to the UK, precisely one year from now. We don't know if we will return as residents to Portugal again after that. I already have a fiscal number. I receive my salary from a non-UK based company abroad. Will it be necessary for me to apply for residency as well as NHR tax status? Any advise is welcome! Thanks!
Old Dec 10th 2018, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Living in PT for 12 mths - necessary actions?

You would have to register your presence in PT within 3 months at the town counsel.if you are a citizen of an EU member state. You did not state your nationality.
You also did not state the type of salary or the country of source. Without this info we cannot help.
Also, you say that you intend relocating to the UK in 2020 with your PT wife. The outcome of the Brexit deal may scupper that. A no deal will leave you in PT.

Last edited by Ukkram; Dec 10th 2018 at 8:10 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in PT for 12 mths - necessary actions?

You're meant to register residency not before 3 months & after 4 months but you can register earlier if you wish. - I helped 2 people just yesterday who had been here 3 weeks or so.

Entering the UK a year from now is anybodies guess if you don't have a UK passport.