Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Is Linha do ALgarve Train working normally ? And Airport Bus

Is Linha do ALgarve Train working normally ? And Airport Bus

Old Aug 10th 2021, 6:50 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Linha do ALgarve Train working normally ? And Airport Bus

Anyone know if the Linha do ALgarve train is working normally or otherwise ?

And the bus from Faro Airport to Faro station ?

Anything to note ? I assume masks are worn, but anything else ? Is cash payment permitted or only card ?
Old Aug 10th 2021, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

1711JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Linha do ALgarve Train working normally ? And Airport Bus

Used the bus to the train station a couple of weeks ago so working then. Then the train to Porta Nova with no issues.

Caught a taxi from the airport however a few months ago to the train station so that I was in time for a train. The driver was not at all pleased to have got to the front of the queue and only got a small fare. We could hear him complaining all the way that we should have got a bus. You win some you loose some.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 9:47 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Linha do ALgarve Train working normally ? And Airport Bus

To answer my own question, for anyone interested, I got the Linha do ALgarve train yesterday from Olh~ao to Cacela. No problems and kept to the timetable.

Which btw, for those interested, the Tourism Office at Faro Airport will print out for you if you ask ( it is not on display ).

Looking at my print out it seems much the same as previous years, so I don-t think they have reduced the frequency of trains.