Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Lateral Flow / Antigen test to ENTER Portugal? Is it true Govt. no longer requir

Lateral Flow / Antigen test to ENTER Portugal? Is it true Govt. no longer requir

Old Sep 7th 2021, 7:42 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lateral Flow / Antigen test to ENTER Portugal? Is it true Govt. no longer requir

When I arrived at Faro from Ncl a month ago I had to produce the NHS Certificate of Double Vaccination, plus a 'Fit to Fly' Certificate showing via the Lateral Flow / Antigen test that I was free of Covid the day prior to travel.

I read somewhere ( briefly ) that the Portuguese Govt. have removed the requirement for the latter test, and now require only the Cert. of Double Vaccination.

Is this correct or was I imagining it ?
Old Sep 7th 2021, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lateral Flow / Antigen test to ENTER Portugal? Is it true Govt. no longer re

Originally Posted by riv
When I arrived at Faro from Ncl a month ago I had to produce the NHS Certificate of Double Vaccination, plus a 'Fit to Fly' Certificate showing via the Lateral Flow / Antigen test that I was free of Covid the day prior to travel.

I read somewhere ( briefly ) that the Portuguese Govt. have removed the requirement for the latter test, and now require only the Cert. of Double Vaccination.

Is this correct or was I imagining it ?
No test required IF you hold an EU certificate of vaccination, we travelled from ncl via ams to lis two weeks ago and only had to show the EU vaccination certificate.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 8:29 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lateral Flow / Antigen test to ENTER Portugal? Is it true Govt. no longer re

Is it specified it must be the E U Certificate ? The NHS one is not accepted as alternative ?

I wonder also if the fact that you transited thru AMS, thus you arrived in Portugal from an EU country, made a difference ?
Old Sep 7th 2021, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. We are arriving via Spain who require only a 2 jab confirmation. Either NHS or EU is acceptable.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Must be EU certificate of vaccination according to the above
Old Sep 7th 2021, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dingg
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Must be EU certificate of vaccination according to the above
I have been twice to Portugal during August with the NHS vaccination certificate. That was accepted on both occasions.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robbie20
I have been twice to Portugal during August with the NHS vaccination certificate. That was accepted on both occasions.
Without any covid test? Directly into Portugal from the UK?
Old Sep 8th 2021, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute

I am flying on Monday, Bristol to Faro with Easyjet. I have a EU double jab cert. Plus my Crue. So I do not need a LFT!! Conflicting messages from Easyjet!
Old Sep 8th 2021, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by morro
I am flying on Monday, Bristol to Faro with Easyjet. I have a EU double jab cert. Plus my Crue. So I do not need a LFT!! Conflicting messages from Easyjet!
What is a "Crue"?

and why say "Conflicting messages from Easyjet!" ? If you look at the Easyjet website's Covid hub it is VERY CLEAR ..... if you have a UK certificate you need a pre departure test and if you have an EU certificate you do not.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...htm#shortcut-6

This seems to be the most recent eu recomendations. No restrictions arriving by land from Spain .Spain no need for test if you have proof of your 2 jabs.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dingg
Without any covid test? Directly into Portugal from the UK?
We had lateral flow covid tests, but I didn't see that mentioned in the previous discussion.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:23 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

It was ( and is ) the question originally asked. Whether the LFT is still required in addition to the NHS double jab Cert..

My take from the various contributions above is that, yes, it still is required.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by riv
It was ( and is ) the question originally asked. Whether the LFT is still required in addition to the NHS double jab Cert..

My take from the various contributions above is that, yes, it still is required.
Sorry clearly skim reading. Yes it is required, plus of course the lateral flow before you leave Portugal then the 2 day PCR test when you get back to the UK.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems the cheaper Lateral flow test has to be taken 48 hrs before departure and not 72 as for the more expensive pcr test. I heard on bbc radio 5 that you can now do the antigen/ lateral flow test online over a video link where you are watched doing the test and you show your passport. They then observe and almost immediately email you the certificate. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE OF THIS ? and if so WHO did you use ? Did you also need an NHS double vax certificate to enter PT ? I seem to be reading/ hearing conflicting info. Thanks.....Keith
Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

Hello Keith. Come from UK to Faro a few times. So here is what we experienced/did.
A lateral flow test before arriving. We used C19 Testing. You do the test at home and email them a photo of your passport and the test. Within 2 hours we had the fit to fly certificate. No video or live link required. We also took the same tests to Portugal for the return trip and all worked well. They were £28 per test.
Arrived at Faro with NHS printed copy of proof of vaccination (with portuguese version and english). Passport control wanted to see them before letting us in.
All quite straight forward when you get used to it.
I believe the original poster for this thread was asking what was required if you had been vaccinated in Portugal, had EU certificate of vaccination and are Portugal resident. That is different, although only slightly.Then EU rules are applied and under EU rules all EU citizens that are double vaccinated (in EU) so not need to do the Lateral Flow Test before arriving at Faro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.